Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com - View Single Post - Auxiliary backup lights - trailer tow wiring how-to
View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 08-18-2008, 07:48 PM
klhansen
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (180)
Good writeup and good looking install.

Sounds like yours always operate with the backup lights, and also when you hit the switch.

I just did a similar setup on mine, but spliced into the output of the trailer backup relay thru a switch to trigger a relay I mounted under the hood that powers the aux backup lights. I filled up the spare slot on my Carling switch panel with a DPDT that lets controls the aux lights either off, on with backup lights, or on when I want them on. I did have to run the power wire for them up to the front separately, though. The switch has a pilot light to indicate the aux lights are on also. Mounted mine just forward of the bumper on the trailer hitch bracket. I'll have to get some pics of my setup posted also.

Careful about using them for those idiot "high beamers", might be a LEO with other things on his mind than his dimmer switch. Flash him and you may get a ticket.

First truck -- 1929 Model A Ford pickup, restored from ground up. Wish I still had it!
'99.5 F250 PSD Supercab LB 4x4, ZF-6 w/SB Con OFE, 3.73LS, Boost & pyro gauges, Swamps S175/146 injectors, DP 80 HP Econo PCM (classic version
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
), AIS,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
regulated return,

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome