Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com - View Single Post - Crew cab sleeper advice. Will it pass DOT?
View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 10-27-2008, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
jcorey2293

My Photos: (0)
I have a relative that works for a broker that got us a contract with some freight services and auto transports. Were hauling 40' lowboy gooseneck. Driving Dodge megacab that weighs at 9500lb and the trailer weighs in at 6500lbs. Which only leaves us about 10000lbs for cargo. On a easy day it will be 2 cars which will put us at our 26000lb limit. We'll usually loading tractors, farm equipment, and big trucks, which can easily put 15000 to 20000 on the trailer. Thats why I'm have to go commercial. Probably be right about 35000lbs.

We negotiated at 1.10 per mile. It was a fair price. But that means having 2 drivers, we have to split the pay. I put all the numbers into the computer, we'll make out good if we can keep driving. Thats why I don't want to have to worry about DOT putting us out for 10 hours or worrying about tickets. I don't even eat out at my house right now, I cook everything. I try to keep food intake to about $6 a day.

Financing for a truck is no problem. I paid cash for the megacab and probably will trade it in and pay cash for the next truck.

I photoshop a F650 and this is what I want. Like I said earlier, I just haven't decided on what make of truck. I really need to see the value of a freightliner for all that extra cash it will cost.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome