Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com - View Single Post - Crew cab sleeper advice. Will it pass DOT?
View Single Post
post #29 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2008, 09:55 AM
BLOWINSMOKE99STROKE

My Photos: (0)
they key is to know the laws like the back of your hand, and make sure you are following every single one of them. there shouldnt be any "the trick is" or "they need to prove if" because they can and will find something. i got to the point with one check point, after passing through it on almost a daily basis for years, one DOT official, would basically give the truck and my logs a quick lookover, kick the tires and i was on my way, because he knew i was legit on everything. oneday at the same stop got a guy who must've had someone piss in his cereal that morning, because he checked EVERYTHING and wound up putting me OOS because my brakes were not adjusted "properly" apparently his adjusted properly and mine were totally different. he along with other people i have seen adjusted them; all the way tight, backed off 1/2 turn. my way and everyone in my family and our mechanics all adjusted them; all the way tight, backed off 1/4 turn, making the brakes that just that little bit tighter. but because they weren't up to HIS STANDARDS he put me out of service until i got a wrench and adjusted them, and he would not let me use his wrench to adjust them! so moral of the story....... yes they will get you if they want to get you, there is no way around it... the law is the law, and if you think you are smarter than them, they will make a law to prove they are the smarter ones!

EARLY 99 F350, CREW CAB, LONG BED. 4X4 7.3L AUTOMATIC. EDGE JUICE W/ ATTITUDE. 4" EXHAUST, NO MUFFLER, 6" TIP, COLD AIR INTAKE, BD: CCV KIT (WON ONLINE, THANK YOU BD). DVD PLAYER, PS2, IN DASH TV, POWER INVERTER, 2-10" INFINITY SUBS IN PORTED BOX. CLASS 5 REESE TOW PACKAGE, FLIP UP GOSENECK HITCH. CB/PA, WITH DUAL TRUCKER WHIPS. TOW MIRRORS, AND CAB LIGHTS, RECON LED TAILGATEBAR W/ REVERSE LIGHT, BUG GUARD AND WINDOW VISORS. 05 GRILL AND HEADLIGHT SWAP, 08 TAILGATE, 285/75 BFG ALL-TERRAINS, SHACKLE LEVELING KIT, AND BILSTIEN SHOCKS. 5% TINT ALL THE WAY AROUND, AND 50% ON THE WINDSHEILD.

SOON TO COME: 08 TAIL LIGHTS, CLEAR CABLIGHTS, RECON ESCALADE STYLE 3RD BRAKE LIGHT, STROBE LIGHTS, PROJECTOR BACKUP LIGHTS, 33X12.50 BFG ALL TERRAINS ON BLACK DICK CEPEK 17" RIMS, EDGE EVOLUTION PROGRAMMER (STACKED), RAPTOR HIGH PERFORMANCE FUEL PUMP, HIGH PERFORMANCE HPOP, POSSIBLY 10" STACKS!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome