Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com - View Single Post - parts availability for 7.3 marine version ?
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 01:10 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
parts availability for 7.3 marine version ?

hello all

new here, would appreciate any input. back in the early to mid 90's, the 7.3 direct injection navistar international T444E (truck form) motor was marinized for marine use by marine corporation of america (mca) and marketed as the (inboard) M444E stardec series / star powr (correct spelling on stardec/powr). there were three hp versions: 300/315/330 (all turboed)

in 1998 mca was sold to mercury marine by delco remy international, who had apparantly decided to get out of the marine motor market.

now, 12 years after, there is nobody at inboard mercury who carries these parts. in fact, i was not able to talk to anybody who remembered these motors.

my question is this: if one has one of these motors and something breaks or needs parts, and since parts are not available from mercury, is this a bad thing, as far as parts availability? or is it no big deal, parts is parts as long as its the same engine (7.3 direct injection navistar)?

sorry about the oddball question regarding a boat motor being posted on a truck motor forum, but this is as close as i can get as far as an opinion regarding the motors. thanks, mike

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome