Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com - View Single Post - Seeking Spec information re: lifted 2 WD trucks
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-02-2011, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
firemediceric

My Photos: (0)
More confusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxgod4u View Post
If you PM me your contact info I can text you a pic or email it tonite (I am away from the truck.

I recommend the 6 inch since it is the tallest you can get. You will be done spending $ on the lift... I did the pucks, then the valley springs, then just went big. Very happy with the kit. Could not get the %&*&$ pitman arm off so I paid a shop to do the install. It comes with a dropped pitman arm to compensate for the suspension drop brackets and longer springs. You will want 33's which will clear fine but rub the sway bar just a bit at full lock.
Up above I mentioned that I was leaning toward the 6" lift and I explained my reasoning. I spoke with the shop today and they told me that for my truck I actually just have the option of a 4" or 7.5" as it turns out. Just when I had my head wrapped around the height of the 6", I'm now told that if I want to make a noticeable difference beyond the scant 2" that the 4" lift offers over my current 2" pucks, I have to go another 1.5" above the height I wasn't quite comfortable with to begin with.

To compound my vacillation, I'm wondering how I'll fill out the wheel wells. My current tires are 235-85-16 which works out to just under a 32" tire. I'm told that if I want to go taller I'll have to run 315-75-16 tires which are only 34.5", a paltry 2.5" taller tire on a lift that'll make the truck 5.5" taller than it is now. Plus I'll have to use wheel spacers on the duals to accommodate the wider tires.

1999 7.3 F-350 and 2004 6.0 Excursion

Truck: Tymar type intake, Zoo Dad, muffler delete, By-pass coolant filter, Dahl 100 fuel filter Harpoon & Hutch mod, upgrade to 3/8" fuel line and HP oil X-over, Oil by-pass, Scan gauge II.

Excursion: All stock, so far.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome