Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com - View Single Post - axle gearing and towing up hills
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 09:13 AM Thread Starter
SGT JUNK

My Photos: (2)
Hey Guys sorry for the delay, no internet in Amish Country, Pa.

I will probably play around with the tire size, as I need to get new tread anyway. I don't have a turbo and don't plan on putting one in, i love the simplicity of it even though the turbo is still really basic.
I figured it would scream with 4.88s I don't really want that much noise, but I will tow for another year or so and see about the gear MOD. FL is very flat. Orlando is about as flat as it gets. so I don't need lower gears, but if there was a worth while benefit to doing gears than I'm interested in it.

1Dieselman
I haven't done much reading on tire size and gear ratio. I seems odd that changing gears and switching tires around didn't cancel each other out, although you did state the benefits of what you gained by doing so. I will think about that a bit more and probably do what you did.
Thanks again guys great info

1992 F-300(F-250 with DRW
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
) Ext. Cab, LB, Dana 50 4x4, E4OD, 10.25 Sterling All stock work truck. it's ugly but I'm slowly liking it more. Just bought it in Sept.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome