Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com - View Single Post - Just did V-codes in front, trying to decide if I really need B's in back?
View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2012, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
mws

My Photos: (0)
I did everything you said, except two minor things

what do you find about how I did the job that will cause problems with my setup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by caryt View Post
Do the B mod correctly or not at all...
If you don't want to get the 2" lift from the B mod remove the factory block.

B mod:
Take the two shortest leaves from the Excursion spring packs and add them to the B code spring packs between the shortest leaf and the bottom overload leaf or the B or F codes.
Remove the sheet metal spacers of the B codes and replace them with the 1/8" spacers from the Ex springs.
The centering bolt from the B codes, if they came from a set with the top overloadspring pack should be long enough to hold the modified B code spring packs together. If not a set of longer center bolts will be needed.

Use 2 large C clamps to both hold the spring packs together and for reasembly.
Use a long driff pin to aline the springs as you tighten the C clamps before you install the center pin. Do not use the center pin to align or to tighten the springs...use the driff pin and the C clamps!

You then need to install a 30mm SD rear sway bar F81Z-5A772-AA and properly valved Bilsteins.
I highly recommend the use of dual shocks in front for a Excursion.

2001 7.3L PSD Excursion Limited. 3.73 Final Drive. As of Feb, 2012, 163K miles and going strong.
-Diamond-Eye AL Steel 4" turbo-back
-Ford AIS intake
-Tony Wildman 6-position chip
-Tall guys take note: I installed later model F250-350 seats with adjustable headrests. Makes all the difference.

2003 BMW 760Li (the V12)

1999 Ford F250 V10 SD extended cab, 8' bed

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

former 300zx repair and modification shop owner. Nissan 300zx expert to the rest of the world, relative PSD newbie in this one.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome