Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com - View Single Post - Navistar / IH Water Pump Upgrade
View Single Post
post #42 of (permalink) Old 01-05-2014, 10:31 PM
Dunbar

My Photos: (0)
OK, reasonable answer. I thought you were just knocking the idea because it was not what Ford put on. I have seen that type of manufacturer knows better than anyone ideology before.

Most folks do not post about positive long term results of a modification. I'll let you know in ten years if the IH pump is still functional. I'll let you know a lot sooner if it fails.

I had to make a decision pretty quick as my truck was leaking badly and I parked the truck. Searching this forum and others I noted comments on many aftermarket pump longevity etc. I can get OEM parts from XL Parts here in Houston a lot cheaper than from the dealer but I rolled the dice on the hope that the cast iron one that IH put on engines going into severe duty commercial vehicles like dump trucks and school buses would last longer than a slightly less expensive (but big total difference per PSD's by Ford).
I apologize for tagging your repeated questioner posts as thinking the mod was dumb. You are just vetting the mod before doing it too. I had to make a quick decision and hope it was sound.

David Dunbar
2003 4x4 7.3 Excursion Ltd
4" exhaust, Tymar DIY, Vcode & modified Fcode, Helwig, Inappropriately valved Bilsteins, Isspro 3 gauge w/ windshield mount, DP tuner 80-60tow-40tow-HI, 6.0 31-row ATF cooler,
BTS Transmission, DI Up pipes
Tomball Texas

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome