Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com - View Single Post - App: Torque 6.0L
View Single Post
post #31 of (permalink) Old 03-28-2014, 09:24 PM
dieselmac

My Photos: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteamRollin View Post
After hours of searching I might have found the iPhone wireless EGT probe, I'm not sure if it works with Engine Link or Torque, but it IS wifi, so it was designed in mind for the iPhone/iPad.
AEM Power X-WiFi Wideband UEGO & EGT Wireless Gauge Controller

NOW, for the meat and taters.
PLX makes an OBDII bluetooth dongle (which is essentially what we TP users all have) called Kiwi 2 Bluetooth. PLX also makes a device called the PLX SM-EGT, this is an EGT sensor module that can directly connect to the Kiwi 2 BT. So you can now have an EGT reading through TP, but that's not all, you can also daisy chain up to 32 of these SM and be able to display them through TP.

I must be dreaming...
According to the web site it won't work with Torque or Engine Link. They list several apps that work with it, but none have the ability to view or configure Ford's enhanced PIDs. Basically, you just get the basics. One app, DashBoss, does have an add-on for Ford, but it looks like it's geared towards the gasser world.

I have a hard time believing only certain apps can talk with the Kiwi. All the OBD stuff is very standardized, so it seems if an app can read OBD it should work. The Kiwi is just the wifi interface. Maybe the apps they list pay to be there.

I'm going to try and get a hold of somebody in tech support Monday and see if Engine Link or Torque will work.

Scott

SOLD -- 2006 F-250 PSD, Lariat
Mods: All the usual stuff

2015 F350, 4x4, Platinum

"Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry" - Mark Twain

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome