The Diesel Stop banner

Power mirrors not working

35K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  moss01 
#1 ·
First let me say, I'M BACK!! After being off the forums since 2010, I'm back to see what's going on.

My 2012 side mirrors do not work. Just the mirror adjustment. The power fold and extend work fine.

I replaced the blown fuse and they worked for about two minutes then quit. No blown fuse this time, just won't move. Is the switch bad since they both don't work?

#2 ·
On my 2011, a few times they just wouldn't work...then would try in few minutes later and would work without doing a thing...

#3 ·
I have had problems with mine extending. One replaced by warranty, and I am waiting on the second. Seems like they are cheaply built. Not happy with the poor quality. Mine is a 2011

#9 ·
Guessing from a 2011 diagram, it depends on what setup you have? Do you have memory? Which fuse did you change?
If you don’t have memory, fuse F8 in the BCM is for the glass and fold and not to extend the mirrors. If the mirrors fold then F8 is OK. I assume that the fuse (F8) is still good and it is a new switch, there is a black wire with a white stripe connected to the switch and that is the ground wire for only the glass movement for both mirrors. I'd verify if that wire is grounded with a meter.

#10 ·
okay so i just tried something, i tried the memory buttons and the glass moves. i checked all wires and they seem to be good. i moved the glass by hand then set the memory and pressed different memory then back and it moved like it should.

just won't work with the switch. ughh!

#11 ·
Remember, I’m working from a 2011 diagram, my 2013 doesn’t have a Set button and could have different modules added, and so can the 2012? You didn’t post what fuse you changed. With or without memory changes what controls the power to the mirror’s glass motor? Since you have memory, the black/white wire at the switch could still cause your problem. With memory the door switch sends inputs to the Driver’s Seat Module (DSM) and this module’s outputs to the mirror glass motors. Without memory the switch powers the motors directly.
I’m not and expert, but I’d confirm the black/white wire with an ohm meter that it is grounded. The only other common denominator I see from the diagram is the DSM. My thoughts are, if you are handy with a digital meter, I’d check fuses and rule out the black/white wire, since the memory buttons work, the DSM would be my second choice. I don’t know what year they added modules, so if you are handy with a digital meter, you will have to test more.
Do your power seats move manually?
Knowing the fuses you changed would give me an ideal if you had a power circuit or control circuit problem.
I’m assuming that you changed the switch by yourself; your truck is out of warranty.
The dealer can scan your truck and tell what’s not working.

#13 ·
no glass adjustment on both, folding and extending work fine

I have been chasing the same issue for several days. The mirror adjustment isn't working. Replaced switch, removed and inspected and check all wires in the left door harness (a back ordered item for Ford). The wiring diagram in the manual isn't as-built. The door conductors all go into the cab harness through the door bulkhead connector, none double back the circuits in the door, so suspect there is something in the cab wiring that doesn't play well. Any other solutions found? Thx. Ford 6.7l-F250 2015 Lariat crewcab,shortbox

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.