Lifetime Supporting Member
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Dallas/Fort Worth, TX
I'm curious about this too. The FordPass site says, "With a 2017 Escape or 2017 Fusion equipped with optional SYNC® Connect , you can unlock and start your vehicle or check your fuel level with just a tap. Plus, have your vehicle ready to go when you are by scheduling it to start automatically." somewhere I saw a mention of it going to the F-150 soon, have heard nothing about the SuperDuties.
When I asked one dealer about it they just said, "It's all just a code update". I'm betting he won't give me that in writing. :-)
From the Owners site:"Vehicles equipped with SYNC Connect: SYNC Connect is standard on the 2017 Escape Titanium and is included in the SE Technology Package. For 2017 Fusion, it is standard on the Fusion Platinum and Platinum Hybrid. In addition, it is standard equipment for the Fusion SE (202A), Titanium (300A), V6 Sport (401A), SE Hybrid (602A), and Titanium Hybrid (700A) when the Driver Assist Package (90A) is ordered."
*SYNC Connect is an optional feature on select 2017 model year vehicles and includes service for five years from the vehicle sale date as recorded by the dealer. FordPass is available through a free download via the App Store® or Google Play™ store. Message and data rates may apply. Services may be limited by mobile phone network coverage area. Apple and Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple, Inc. Android, Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google, Inc.
**4G LTE is not available everywhere. To check wireless coverage in your area, go to att.com/maps and choose Wireless Coverage."
Those keywords make the think the head unit itself (or truck computer, bus) will have an AT&T 4G modem installed somewhere, and I'm guessing the ones in the current SuperDuties do NOT have that....
- '17 Ford F-350 King Ranch Crew Cab long bed 6.7l V8 (440/925)
- '06 Yamaha FJR1300AE motorcycle
- '03 Thor Jazz 2850BH Fifth Wheel
- '11 Ford F-350 King Ranch Crew Cab long bed 6.7l V8 (400/800)
- '08 Ford F-350 King Ranch Crew Cab long bed 6.4l V8 (350/650)
- '04 Ford F-250 King Ranch Crew Cab long bed 6.0l V8 (325/560)
- '01 Ford F-250 Lariat Crew Cab short bed 6.8l V10 (310/425)
- '99 Ford F-250 Lariat Crew Cab short bed 6.8l V10 (275/410)
- '97 Ford F-150 XLT Supercab short bed 4.6l V8 (220/290)