Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com - View Single Post - Which engine to order?
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 07:34 PM
larrgh

My Photos: (0)
The 6.7 is pretty reliable engine. The early 2011 6.7 did have a valve issue. The later 6.7's do not. Some of the 2011-2014 did have EGT4 problem but Ford reprogrammed the PCM to solve this. The 2015 and later did not have EGT4 problem. Some have had problems with water in the fuel and causing expensive fuel system repairs. The problem most times was a result of a station having water in the fuel tanks but the most common problem caused by the owner. They either dumped DEF or gasoline into the fuel tank. Generally your comprehensive insurance will cover these damages when you carry full coverage. I have a locking fuel cap and make sure I only remover one cap at a time. I remove the fuel cap to fuel and then replace it before I consider adding any DEF. It may be cheaper to get bulk DEF at the trucks stops but I do not want the risk of using the nozzle and put it in the fuel tank.

But....

You have to remember that forums magnify a problem at times. A few people on a forum that have problems is not representative of the number of trucks on the road with no problems. I have 31k on my 2015 with no engine/drivetrain problems. I did have some problems with the DRW external fenders rubbing the paint on the bed. The local dealer resolved this problem for me.

My 2015 CCLB DRW with 3.73 gears gets about 19 on the highway with no load and pulling the 35' 5'r, i get about 10.5-11. Both are achieved driving around 65-67 mph.

Larry

2015 F350 Ultra Lariat 6.7L CCLB DRW 3.73 Limited Slip, Green Gem Metallic w/ Caribou accent, Camper Package, Titan 65gal tank, Rapid Heat, Block Heater, Upfitter Switches, Dual Alternators, Camper Package, Cable Lock, Husky Floor Liners, Spray in Bedliner, 5th Wheel Prep, 25K 5th Wheel Hitch, Ford Goose Neck Hitch.

Traded 2011 F350 XLT CCLB SRW 6.2L gasser 6,000 miles for 2015

Sold 1996 F350 XLT CCLB DRW 7.3L 208,000 miles

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome