The Diesel Stop banner

Remote start '17 Plat Dually

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  gearhead1011 
#1 ·
Not sure why it's not working, not my first rodeo, had remote start on Fords since 2009 and all my other cars have it too, but for some reason can't light it up.

It says hit lock and then remote start button 2x within 3 seconds". But wouldn't do it last night or today.

Took delivery yesterday, no manual, read thru 650 pages online yesterday.

Any thought? Full of fuel. Standing right in front of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Is it possible your truck is still in delivery/transport mode? The dealer apparently has to do something electronically to the truck during their prep to take it out of delivery mode and I thought one of the disabled items is remote start.

Good luck, the remote start feature works well on these trucks once you get it sorted out.

#4 ·
Is it possible your truck is still in delivery/transport mode? The dealer apparently has to do something electronically to the truck during their prep to take it out of delivery mode and I thought one of the disabled items is remote start.

Good luck, the remote start feature works well on these trucks once you get it sorted out.

Could be something they didn't do, but everything else seems to work fine.

Although they knew I was coming in for delivery on Sat am (deal was done, all we needed to do is take delivery) we were there for 5 hours.

They said "we don't have time to wash it, can u come back another time?" And "we lost one of the keys".

So maybe this remote sucks too. Idk.

****ty experience all the way around so far.

#9 ·
It's dealer and salesman. I've bought quite a few that have been way more pleasant.

When you email/call the GM, internet sales mgr, salesman 4 hours before you arrive, and wait another 5 hours to sign 4 pieces of paper (deal, financing, truck, etc was all done/agreed), they are just incompetent.

3 days later, still only have 1 key, don't know the keyless entry code (no manual), remote start isn't working, and twice I've had a "TPMS fault" on my rear inside tire.

(And oddly, it has alerted me in EXACTLY the same place on the street both times)

#10 ·
twice I've had a "TPMS fault" on my rear inside tire.

(And oddly, it has alerted me in EXACTLY the same place on the street both times)

That sounds like some type of radio signal interference, maybe 2 way radio or something like that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.