Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com - View Single Post - Engine build
Thread: Engine build
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2017, 07:43 AM Thread Starter
Whiskyb

My Photos: (0)
Engine build

I have a thread already asking weather a 99 7.3 I was considering buying would fit in my 01. http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/...ll-fit-613985/ I now have it stripped down to just the short block. Cylinder walls have very little ridge maybe a few thou. Bearings look good on mains and rods. My plan which is open to change was to take it to the machine shop and let them tank it and install new cam bearings,and do the cylinder walls however they feel is right. Maybe re-use the stock pistons or buy one of the complete kits that include everything. Since I have access to my 01 engine as well what parts are better if any between the two. I will be using the better rods as informed in previous thread from the 99. Any difference in heads, manifolds that I should be aware of? Its not going to be a super power build but anything that helps while I am doing this would be greatly appreciated. I have built many a gas engine, this will be my first diesel, so any advice would also be appreciated Thanks

Whiskyb
2001 F350 4X4 Super Duty PSD Dually
Almost 400k and still given her
DP Tuner
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and guages, DIY air intake, BTM,
Dieselsites trans and coolant filters
Wicked wheel 2 (Gone) , Guzzles billet fpr

Last edited by Whiskyb; 06-03-2017 at 07:47 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome