Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com - View Single Post - Trailer wiring extension into bed acting funny!
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-17-2017, 06:30 PM
jimmy

My Photos: (1)
He needs to very carefully inspect for any of the wires having touched inside taped or covered harness with the top side plug not connected. Then try again once that plug is in place. The issue may be in the top side plug. The computer knows only continuity to a trailer or a short in the wires. There is no recognition of wiring to be done or detected. I have installed several of those Curt harnesses and had no issues. I have had the end plug where trailer plug inserts have bent pins. He needs to look in the back of that new plug to see if there is anything wrong there. If he used a plug up top where he cut and stripped and then set screw secured wires into a plug the same thing goes as far as the end plug having issues that can make the lighting and electric brake circuit monitoring go nuts.

2015 F350 Platinum Max Tow What a beast with the 4.30 gears!
2006 F450 CC Hauler bed 4x2 6.0 L 6.0 auto, Lariat, 4.30 r/a, SCT, 4in exh. 103K New heads to repair diesel in coolant, 148K.
2006 F350 Lariat CC Dually 4X2, 6.0 auto 4.10 LS, SCT, airbags, 4 in. exh. 154K Rebuilt engine to repair damage from burned piston. One head to fix fuel in oil problem.
36 feet on the floor Elite/Outlaw LQ horse trailer.
35+5 foot double tandem axle flatbed trailer.
36 foot double tandem axle flatbed trailer
36 foot Platinum 6 horse LQ, side load, full width back tack
2003 EB Expedition 171K (no engine repairs, gas burners are the new longevity leaders)
2004 Volvo V70R AWD-high miler in fleet, 253K (no engine repairs) Hail totaled it but I kept it. Looks like a golf ball now.
Suzuki Carry KEI truck, 660cc 3 cyl DOHC EFI 4X4 5 speed RHD. Sort of a Smart Car sized pickup. Eats Gators and Mules for lunch.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome