Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com - View Single Post - 4R100 Transmissions Issue On The Road Need Advice ASAP
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2017, 05:25 PM
RT
Lifetime Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (0)
No way to blow the pan gasket. The front seal will get soft and lose fluid when the transmission gets warm. Otherwise, if it was overfilled, it would come out of the vent.

I missed a question you had before. As to the routing - the front line from the transmission is the outflow line. From there it travels forward, to the radiator. Out the other side of the radiator to the air cooler. Out the other side of the air cooler and back to the transmission's rear line. You could blow air through the circuit, not to clean anything out, but rather to verify flow. Make sure and check to see if you have an inline filter in the circuit. Most likely, it would be in the rubber line that you see if you slide under the front just behind the radiator on the passenger side. I can take a picture if you need me to. If you do have that filter, and you haven't been changing it regularly, that might be the problem.

2003 F-250 XLT Crew Cab 7.3L, Chrome BigTex Grille Guard, Quad pillar - 3 ISSPRO gauges (trans, pyro, boost) and DP-Tuner F6; Roush fuel pressure / temperature / oil pressure gauges, Ford Severe Duty AIS, 31 row 6.0 transmission cooler, ScanGauge II, Marinco mod, Walker BTM, Full Force Stage 1 injectors

IF MY BODY IS EVER FOUND ON A JOGGING TRAIL JUST KNOW THAT I WAS MURDERED SOMEWHERE ELSE AND DUMPED THERE

Last edited by RT; 12-23-2017 at 05:29 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome