Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com - View Single Post - Why I trust everything the dealership says...
View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 01-17-2018, 11:03 PM
maplemale

My Photos: (3)
Talking

I have a buddy who just found himself an 02 Excursion with 120k miles on it. Knew he was losing boost (from gauges) and took it to the steelership were they replaced just one - yes, only the driver's-side up pipe. Charged him $600. Of course he also was told he had an injector problem and a single injector replaced to the tune of $1200. This was before I became his friend and friend's don't let friends go to dealerships for maintenance!

My first car I bought with my own money - 1997 Ford Mustang. 40k miles, still under warranty. Tranny pan started leaking within a month. They claimed I high centered it and wanted $3k to "rebuild the transmission." I was 19 and didn't know anything, but was certain I never high-centered my car. Had a buddy who tightened the pan bolts. Turns out they had serviced the transmission before I bought it. I've got so many stories like this!

I've bought from dealerships since and one of my questions is - what maintenance have you done? Oh none at all... just changed the oil: Perfect - please don't try. Of course I change the oil when I get it home! LOL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2002 Ford Excursion - Stage 1s, GH Tunes (Hydra 16 P), AIS intake, WW2, 4" MBRP & TurboMaster, RiffRaff Boots, Bellowed Up-Pipes, 3" lift & Bilsteins, AutoMeter gauges + Torque with blue tooth adapter and Samsung 10" display.

Last edited by maplemale; 01-17-2018 at 11:11 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome