Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com - View Single Post - EGR Delete Options
View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 07:21 AM
TKOPerformance

My Photos: (0)
You currently have a CEL on, or you're expecting one after the EGR delete? If that's all you want a tuner for I would save my money and see if it sets a CEL first. Early trucks will not set a CEL. '06 may not even be affected.

I would not tune with Edge period. I put one on my truck at 12k miles. By 68k my trans was junk. $3,500 out of pocket (trans warranty only goes to 36k under the "100k powertrain warranty"). SCT tuning and no issues, while making substantially more power. I now only use my Edge as a monitor, for which it works really well. If that's what you want buy the CTS; its a great system. The Torque app works well from what I've heard. You can buy a bluetooth dongle and a used smart phone cheaply enough and mount the phone with a dash mount. You won't get EGT or fuel pressure that way though, which are two important things to monitor, but the cost difference is substantial. Anyway, information if power and all that, and now I've got some more of it.

'06 F250 4x4 - 5" Flo Pro exhaust, SB Filter intake, Accufab elbow, Edge Evolution (monitoring only), SCT w/ ID custom tune, FASS 195 pump, Gillette Diesel EGR cooler delete, Sinister Diesel coolant filter, ELC coolant, updated turbo drain tube/oil feed line/STC fitting/oil cooler, ARPs w/OEM HGs, Elite coolant lines, ITP RR fuel system, RCD 175/30 injectors, Powermax, BD CCV, FICM.com FICM w/ ID tune, Elite UP, BPD water pump - 13.069 @ 101.94

'02 WRX - Outback rear disc swap, EBC green pads, DBA pillar vane rotors, TXS UP/TBE/TMIC, Perrin LW crank pulley, PPG billet steel shift forks, ACT Streetlite flywheel & clutch, K&N filter, STi Group N motor/trans mounts, TiC/Kartboy rear diff mounts/subframe lock bolts/outrigger stiffeners, Kartboy SS & all shifter bushings, custom PDX tune for Cobb AP - went 14.1 on a terrible 60ft before most of these mods; shooting for 13.50s

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome