Congrats & enjoy your truck!
1. Don't let the new diesel emissions worry you. It's almost a non-event in our 2017. I only notice it's cleaning the diesel particulate filter by the poor fuel mileage or a burning smell when we shut off the truck. We had a 6.4L and that emissions stuff drove me nuts.
2. Don't sweat the DEF - except to ensure you put it into the correct tank. Buy it by the container or fill-up at a truck stop. Whatever works for you. It's corrosive, so wash off any you spill as quickly as possible. I actually wax the area around & below the fuel/DEF door after I fill with DEF.
3. I had a 6.4L. I still run a fuel lubricant to help the high pressure fuel pump. I run Ford's PM-22, but others on here prefer other lubricants. They'll let you know.
4. Again, I had a 6.4L. I drain the water separator once a month. I only drain out enough to see if I've got any water. Haven't seen any water in the our 6.4L or our 6.7L, though we lost a fuel pump on the 6.4L at 103k miles due to what I was told was water condensation over time.
5. Some of us with 2017s have or are experiencing leaking driver's side battery. Check yours from time-to-time just as a precaution. I'm told ours is "venting". We'll get that solved when we're back at our selling dealer in March.
6. On some of the early 2017s, there's a wiring harness laying on the passenger side valve cover of the engine. Our's is slightly raised on off that valve cover, and we're watching it to see if there's evidence of heat damage. Check yours when you get it. Hopefully, they've relocated that harness on the 2018s.
Looking forward to see what others post! David
2001 F250 7.3L PSD Lariat CC 4x4; Sold Jan 2009
2009 F450 Pickup Lariat Plus w/Nav, 4X4 Off-Road Pkg; Sold Feb 2017
2017 F350 6.7L PSD CC DRW Platinum 4x4
2011 MS 36RSSB3 w/vanity slide and a nice 4,285 lbs of hitch weight
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.