Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com - View Single Post - Can I trust a 6.0L Bullet proof motor?
View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 03-28-2018, 02:03 PM
bismic

My Photos: (0)
Have to disagree w/ the above. At 100k miles AND ABSOLUTELY NO ISSUES, I dropped quite a bit of cash into upgrades and power adding mods. Totally "discretionary" spending.

Am at 200k now and STILL running great.

Best truck I have ever owned.

Also, when I said some engines are lemons, I was referring to the occasional engine turned out from the factory vs ALL 6.0L's.

Like mt454casull said - put the wrong parts in and you will not be happy. Also, there are things that are required when doing maintenance and when operating. We have talked about some of the maintenance and upgrades, but you do need to also keep an eye on the engine operating parameters.

If you let a stuck turbo go for a long time, put in an undersized ccv filter, don't pay attention to fuel pressure (must check at WOT and stay above 50 psig always), use the wrong coolant, use the wrong filters, operate w/ bad sensors, throw in a tune on top of other problems, etc, you will make problems worse - sometimes a LOT worse..

Mark
06 F250 CC SB FX4 Lariat;ARP studs;OEM gaskets;Banks exhaust;DynaTrac Ball joints;Coolant filter;High-Idle mod;RACCCV6000;JimmiJammers;Ravelco;SynchroMax xfer case;Fumoto valve;Harpooned;CPOhighwayProducts toolbox;tracrac;Fox Weatherboots;Wet Okole Seat Covers;BriteBox;Re-flashed;Quadzilla Recon XZT Fuel Press;Blue FPR spring;DashDAQ;PHP FICM;RiffRaff boots;DCPower270A XP;PowerInverter;Rancho7000's;BPD EGR cooler;One-piece HPOP fitting;D-plugs&standpipes;BPD Billet WaterPump;SCT w/ Matts SRL+;ELC Ultra;DuraTracs

Last edited by bismic; 03-28-2018 at 02:14 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome