Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com - View Single Post - Head studs
Thread: Head studs
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-24-2018, 11:45 PM
STMPDUST

My Photos: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ohchris View Post
Hey guys, ive recently been quoted 1800 labor to do head studs. Ive been doing a lot of thinking and realize everybody is going to go with ford on this one but im trying to decide if i should keep dumping money into this 6.0 or if i should trade it for a 2002 lb7 with 30% over injectors. it has 257k miles on it and my 6.0 has 147k on it. ive had it almost a year and have a upgraded tci trans pan, sinister coolant filter, new oil cooler, s&b cai, blue spring kit, new egr valve, and a sinister egr cooler. what are yalls thoughts on the longevity of this truck and if this would be a wise trade for the lb7. not really sure on what im going to do but if this truck isnt going to last another 150-200k miles i dont want to dump anymore money into it. I take really good care of it and do all of my maintenance on time and i dont really tow that much or beat the crap out of it.

Do you think you could drive the 2002 lb7 another 150 to 200k without dumping more $$ in it, im sure the 6.0 will need $$ as well, pretty big decision. Glad i dont have to make it

2015 KR Dually CC 4X4 Bronze Fire HC
2011 KR Dually CC 4X4 Royal Red
2005 Eddie Bauer Excursion 4X4 ,White

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome