Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com - View Single Post - Rotella Motor Oil
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 07:01 PM
Oneof6

My Photos: (0)
Oil The Reality

At the risk of starting an oil war let me start by writing that I recognize that oil selection loyalty is common and feelings run strong. Here is the reality, it is much more about branding than about the actual oil itself. For instance Refiners like Shell and Chevron make great oils, but they, or others with license, often package that same oil in other brandings. Regardless of branding the oil is made to an API specification and it will have an API spec on the container. I use Rotella T, now T4 because it's good oil and available almost anywhere. Rated API Spec out to the latest spec which includes all the previous specs. So, just get an oil that meets or exceeds the API spec recommendation for your engine. Just look right there on the container for it. Regardless of where you buy it if it meets the API spec you are good to go and chances are it actually originated from the same refiner.

2002 F250 7.3L PSD, bought new now at 226K miles, 4R100 Auto, Crew Cab, Short Bed, ITP Regulated Fuel Return system, ITP head to head SS oil cross over, Hutch in tank mod
Harpoon de tank vent, DIESELSITE Dahl 100 Pre-Pump Fuel Filter, DIESELSITE Return Fuel Line Cooler, DIESELSITE Engine Coolant Filter, DIESELSITE Auxilliary Transmission Cooler, DIESELSITE Gage Package, Pyro, Trans & Boost, Extreme Diesel AD injectors, Ford AIS Air Filter System, BTM straight through muffler, Moog Ball Joints, Rancho Shocks, Rotella ELC Coolant ,Stock Engine Program
Modified for I-Pod Connection
We b playing Scotland The Brave to Jimmy Hendrix

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome