Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com - View Single Post - Have I finally worn my truck out?
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 09:49 PM Thread Starter
coslatrat

My Photos: (0)
Angry Have I finally worn my truck out?

Check the sig - ordered it new and have enjoyed pretty much trouble free operation for the last 16 years of 90% mountain driving. I love this truck BUT...

Stealer has maintained the truck pretty much since new and has declared the motor dead. Compression is +/- 250 all around and cold performance over the last couple of years has sucked. They want to sell me a new motor for the paltry sum of $13,000 or so. I could be wrong but kbb.com says the truck is worth $8k on a good day.

I'm looking for suggestions - did I say I love the truck?

If (big if) I were to fix the truck, it's time for u joints, rotors all around and paint so lets guess the cost of a restoration would end up around 20k. While the Stealer had the truck, they gave me a new 6.7 crew cab XLT for 5 days - really nice truck, can't afford it.

Thanks

03 F250 Lariat FX4 SC Short, 7.3 PSD auto 3.73LS White/Flint Captains Chairs w/heaters, dual alternators, chrome steps, ashtray retrofit, CD6 head unit w/Earthquake speakers, JL audio stealthbox in console, Clarion 400/4R / Rockford Fosgate sub amps, LG handsfree, DrawTite Activator II trailer brake, Ford mudflaps, 24" wipers, Ford mudcatcher mats, Osram map light, Renniks bicycle rack, Leer 100LE, Lund clear Bugshield, Bulldog Bed Coating, Cobra 29, Road King mike w/Wilson 1000, Passport 8500
Ordered 5/31/02 born 7/22 delivered 7/31
395,000 mostly trouble free miles as of 10/18

93 Audi S4 Quattro
99 Porsche Boxster
79 BMW R100RT

Last edited by coslatrat; 11-06-2018 at 10:13 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome