Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com - View Single Post - Have I finally worn my truck out?
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 03:17 PM
themule67

My Photos: (0)
Hi, coslatrat I find it hard to believe that the engine is dead at 395,000mi especially, since you have owned it from new are you having problems with it is that why you had it checked is it knocking making unusual noises low on power. Anything is possible but, I would have a second opinion from another well trusted shop. I bought my truck back in 05' from original owner with 102,000 mi. and I currently have 989,xxx mi. all the miles I put on mine were hauling 30-40' travel trailers, fifth wheels and horse trailers as well as cargo trailers all over the lower 48 states. All though I took my truck off the road hauling commercially because, I got a local job to be close to home I still drive my truck out of state hauling my personal fifth wheel. I'm not afraid to get in and drive my truck anywhere I personally would take my truck over any new truck out there. I just can't see paying 40-50,000 + for a new truck especially with all the EPA regs. I was able to purchase a complete genuine factory motor with 50,xxx mi. back in 08' for $3000 plug n play. I'm still waiting for my engine to die to install the new to me engine I know they are the most popular engines out there but, I bet you can find a low mileage good motor pretty reasonable. My mechanic quoted me $8-900 to install my new engine. Good Luck! themule67

I have a 95 F350 PS/DRW/LB which I bought in 05' with 102,000mi from original owner as of 6/29/12 it has 920,798 mi.on the original engine.It runs great and pulls even better.It pulls commercially anything and everything that pays me money Ha,Ha.Upgrades done are an all steel cowl induction hood to help get the heat out of the engine bay,Banks inter-cooler hardware kit using a cooler from a 99 PS,TRUCOOL tranny cooler,Magtech alum.finned tranny and rear diff.covers,DP tunes 40T,60T,60E.S&W guages BST/Trans.Temp/EGT,K&N cold air intake,BD 4"exhaust,HPturbochargers did my upgrades on turbo with banks impeller(a little diff.pitch and height than the stock garrett splitter wheel) and 1.0 exh.for faster spool-up WOW!I'm hoping to hit 1 million miles or more before having to put my drop-in crate engine in.I can only hope that it will be just as good.Hopefully! I can be of assistance to any one needing help with thier PS with problems that I may or may not have encountered.GOOD LUCK!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome