Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com - View Single Post - Draining water separator?
View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2018, 07:44 AM
ford_doctor

My Photos: (1)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captcaper View Post
i had the DS filters... sold them while they were worth something. they don't do anything that the oem ones do. they will not take out emulsified water from the fuel that's what will get ya.

Absolutely. And that is why for $699 they may as well cost a $1. They make no claim or even mention that this filter will help remove emulsified/dispersed water from your diesel fuel. In fact now that I have taken the time to view the very nice video they provided I can see that the filter elements have no water blocking membrane unlike the genuine Motorcraft filters. Motorcraft calls it "Aquablock" which I believe is present in ALL Power Stroke primary fuel filters. This is that white membrane you see wrapped around the pleats of the filter element which is sometimes on the inside. This membrane is designed to prevent water droplets from passing into the filter media and separating it out for collection. But it does have limitations and no production vehicle has a fuel system that can do it alone 100% or even close. This is where the regular use of a quality fuel additive that is formulated to take the tiny suspended water droplets and make them stick together and form larger droplets that CAN be filtered out by this membrane.

However NO fuel filter will stop large quantities of water being forced through as you might experience if you pick up a few gallons of water on a fill up. It happens people. The only benefit of this Diesel Site filter assembly I can see is that is provides additional filtration and water separation capacity but not necessarily efficiency. In a way it is a little pointless. AH! But it does give everyone here something to post about 'cause it looks fricken cool man! I have said it before; there are a lot of people making a lot of money off of you truck owners.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2019 Ford Fusion ENERGI Titanium Plug-in Hybrid
Ford Senior Master Diesel Technician
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Diesel Technician Society
Diesel Mentor Directory

Last edited by ford_doctor; 12-23-2018 at 07:47 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome