Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com - View Single Post - Suspected dirty injectors
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 09:37 AM Thread Starter
bluenavigator

My Photos: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DENNY View Post
I would clear all the codes then drive a bit and see what they show. I would suspect the under cover harness or fuel delivery (pre injector) problem.
DENNY
My truck is not exact OBD II compatible (maybe wrong word but...) - I can plug OBD II scanner but it wouldn't read/pull anything. I think that I need it to be reflashed or have correct scanner that can read OBD for PSD only. That's what I believe. If anyone have good scanner that can read the codes, please let me know. For my scanner, it is INNOVA 3130c "FIX Assist ScanTool w/ABS."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticDriver View Post
If a truck sat for 2 years I would be concerned about condensation having gotten into fuel and possibly microbial growth.

If you’re only experiencing this issue at higher RPMs, have you considered a dirty fuel filter? What does it look like? If you haven’t drained the fuel bowl on a truck that sat 2 years then I would drain it into a clear glass jar.

I would do this after driving it long enough to transfer fuel from the tank into the fuel bowl.

And post the picture if you get a chance.
The fuel bowl was pulled already as I replaced the fuel lines and fuel regulator screen and ball. The screen fell off when I opened the fuel regulator on the fuel bowl. The filter was medium brown, which I know that it is not good anymore.

I had replaced air filter, oil filter and oil. For the fuel, I would like to believe that it had 4 gallon remaining. I just had it filled to full, mixed with SeaFoam and Power Service "Clear-Diesel." Will drive my truck around for a while and pull the filter and see if it get dirty or not. I drove only maybe 4 miles after refill.

Bluenavigator

'95 F-350 XLT PSD, CC, 2WD, Garrett Turbo AR 1.1, 5spd ZF tranny, LUK, 4.10 Limited Slip, just added Dual Arm Tenisoner. Just added my ol' vacuum gauge to monitor my vacuum pump.

Last edited by bluenavigator; 12-31-2018 at 09:40 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome