The Diesel Stop banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What is the value of a 2000 7.3 with 180 K as a parts truck

3K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  klhansen 
#1 ·
Due to body rust and other issues I'm looking to part with my X
- needs new ball joints, fuel tube to the gas tank rotted out, hasn't been run in 3 years (kids in college $$ more important then second vehicle $$ ) The engine was turned over in the spring.

If i were to put it up as a parts truck, what might be a ballpark price ??

Located in central NJ

#2 ·
If the engine is in good shape, that's probably worth $2-3K on it's own.
Go ahead and post it in the Trucks for Sale forum. It's worth what you can get for it. You can price it wherever you want and accept offers. Selling it whole will probably draw a bit less than the value of the parts if you part it out.

#3 ·
Put it up on Craig's List but expect to have it sitting somewhere for a year or so as the parts disappear.

There was a F350 on Craig's List and it sat there for at least 6 months before they pulled the add and the last time that I saw what was left there were quite a few items that people could use.

#5 ·
I think that your best bet is to sell the entire truck to someone who either wants to make a little profit by parting it out, or has some back barn where he can keep it out of sight and use the parts as needed on the truck that he is driving.

#6 ·
I agree with Don. Sell the whole thing.

#7 · (Edited)
Agree with the guys above...sell it whole as a Parts truck on Craigslist under Auto Parts subsection.

You should discover value after a couple weeks of offers.

#8 ·
I've bought and sold a lot of stuff on Craigslist (just sold a scroll saw this afternoon) so i get it - the scammers are a pain in the arse

I need a starting point, an asking price. That's what i want your opinions on.
I'll take some pictures on Sunday and post them up
I'd do it tomorrow but I have tickets for the Devils / Flyers game - go Devils !

#9 · (Edited)
OK.
You’re an old hand.
If it was me, I might start at $4,000 and see what kind of offers come in.

#12 ·
Yes, I would list it for $4500 and see what offers you get.

#15 ·
This is not the for sale forum. Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.