Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com - View Single Post - Wow- is diesel really 1$ more per gallon along I-95?
View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 11:49 AM
bugman
Lifetime Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonWarkentin View Post
Well, the good news is that Ford is coming up with a solution to high diesel prices. In 2020 there will be a new 7.3L, this time running on gasoline.

https://www.ford.com/trucks/super-duty/2020/
If it is like any of the rest of the Ford big block engines expect 12mpg and less.

I had a 84 F250 that got 8mpg at best. The worst mileage that I ever got with it was around 3mpg but that was fighting a headwind for 100 miles with a cab over camper and pulling a trailer. The fastest I could move was around 50 mph on the freeway. I filled up and had to put around 35 gallons back into it around 100 miles later. If I hadn't had to be somewhere I would of just pulled over and waited the windstorm out.

As for the diesel thing, I use my diesel when I need a truck. In the last two years I drove it a total of 5500 miles. I have a puddle jumper that gets 30mpg for the around town thing and trips where I don't need a truck.

Every time that I get back into my diesel I almost have to relearn where everything is located at.

96 F250 PS XLT 4X4 long box, 5sp,4.10, manual hubs,pyro+boost guages, Dark Toumaline, add a leaf, Dale's TYMAR, and HX hose, downpipe, coolant filter, Luk clutch

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome