Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com - View Single Post - Non-Start Issue
Thread: Non-Start Issue
View Single Post
post #36 of (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
bgiebels
Lifetime Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (0)
Send a message via AIM to bgiebels Send a message via MSN to bgiebels Send a message via Skype™ to bgiebels
@bismic, I am beginning to agree with you. I had two sets of Stand Pipes and Dummy plugs, so I put the 2nd set in. Same thing happened and a leak was heard around the stand pipe. I put the old one back in and it went in easily and removed the leak.

Having said that: I need some advice. After I replaced the stand pipe and dummy plug with the old set, I didn't hear any leaks around those. I also changed the top seal, on injector #3, and that leak is gone... but I now have a leak on injector #1. Is it really possible? Maybe it is a stupid question. Maybe I should have been more patient and changed the top seals on all the injectors. I guess there is another possibility... The air that I hear coming out of the injectors is a sign that the STC fitting is bad. There is a change in the air leak when I put the IPR closed. What do you think?

I guess I'm going to purchase a new set of Stand Pipes. I have seen a set of seals and washers for the stand pipes and dummy plugs. Has anyone had any experience with those? Is it advisable to use those or simply get a new set of pipes/plugs?

Thanks for all your advice thus far...

Believe it or not, the Motorcraft OEM parts are cheaper than the Sinister Diesel parts....

2005 F350 SRW 4x4
  • Sinister Diesel EGR Delete
  • SCT Tuner
  • ARP Studs
  • Sinister Diesel Coolant Filter Kit
  • Updated Oil Cooler
  • Garrett Powermax Turbo
  • BD Diesel Up-Pipes

Last edited by bgiebels; 04-13-2019 at 03:33 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome