Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com - View Single Post - Where to get OEM, or quality, 2 Point Mirror Mounts?
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 09:42 PM Thread Starter
BreakAes

My Photos: (0)
I didn't have any heat source, and it was somewhat of a pain for one reason or another, but we ended up getting a couple 2 point mirror mounts with Extend-A-Mirror Arms, and 1 gooseneck mirror, and 1 regular mirror from a junkyard a few towns over.

For now, I plan on trying one side with just the gooseneck mirror, and the other side with the regular mirror on the Extend-A-Mirror Arm. Any thoughts on which mirror is better for which side during this test? Once I decide which setup I like better, I may put the same mirrors on each side, or keep things as they are if it's working fine.

Also, I found a video on removing the flag mirrors from a 1995 truck: (titled "How To Replace Side Rear View Mirror 92-96 Ford F-150" at YouTube) but is there a guide, or any tips, advice, etc., on installing the 2 point mounts, especially since you need to drill 2 holes per door for the lower part of the mount? I want to get them installed right the first time without messing anything up. I'll look into using jack nuts for the lower part of the mount.

Thanks

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome