Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com - View Single Post - White & Black Smoke - Hope I didn't trash engine
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 01:26 AM
bismic

My Photos: (0)
Well, I wish you well w/ the injector from Injector Direct. Probably not a problem - especially since you don't have real long term plans for the truck and it already has quite a few miles!

The key with a remanufactured injector is who does the remanufacturing, not so much whether they start w/ an OEM core (and although a quick visual inspection is always good, it is hard to tell much without a teardown).

Ford uses Pure Power to rebuild the injectors (used to be Siemens, but Pure Power is a spin off company of the Siemens and International joint venture). They do an exceptional job. According to their advertising, it certainly does look like Injectors Direct sells the same part as what you would get from Ford (one of their 4 options), AND they seem to sell the brand new ones (only produced by Pure Power).

Searching for feedback on them generally looks good, but there are some bad experiences out there also. Thing about parts like injectors though - success is not something determined in a year or two.

Mark
06 F250 CC SB FX4 Lariat;ARP studs;OEM gaskets;Banks exhaust;DynaTrac Ball joints;Coolant filter;High-Idle mod;RACCCV6000;JimmiJammers;Ravelco;SynchroMax xfer case;Fumoto valve;Harpooned;CPOhighwayProducts toolbox;tracrac;Fox Weatherboots;Wet Okole Seat Covers;BriteBox;Re-flashed;Quadzilla Recon XZT Fuel Press;Blue FPR spring;DashDAQ;PHP FICM;RiffRaff boots;DCPower270A XP;PowerInverter;Rancho7000's;BPD EGR cooler;One-piece HPOP fitting;D-plugs&standpipes;BPD Billet WaterPump;SCT w/ Matts SRL+;ELC Ultra;DuraTracs

Last edited by bismic; 06-22-2019 at 04:54 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome