Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com - View Single Post - Battery generator block heater
View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 03:18 PM
bugman
Lifetime Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (12)
I don't see any actual specifications on what you linked to on Amazon but you need one that is rated at a minimum of 1000 watts that will run for 1.5-3 hours to do any good to be used for the block heater.

Solar doesn't work at night and you will be using it mostly in the early morning if needed after your truck has cold soaked overnight and won't start. You also have to consider the cold effect that is going to affect the battery of the device.

As I mentioned before, just make sure that your glow plug system is in proper working order and then don't worry about it. I live in the mountains of Colorado and my truck will sit for weeks at a time during the winter at temperatures down to a -40 and I have no problems starting it. It argues until it warms up a little bit but it will start without the help of the block heater. It has done this for 23 years now.

96 F250 PS XLT 4X4 long box, 5sp,4.10, manual hubs,pyro+boost guages, Dark Toumaline, add a leaf, Dale's TYMAR, and HX hose, downpipe, coolant filter, Luk clutch

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome