Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com - View Single Post - Do I have a clutch problem or tranny issue?
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 08:54 PM Thread Starter
clydesdale

My Photos: (5)
Do I have a clutch problem or tranny issue?

Hello all,
I have some ugly noise that intermittently comes from my truck. I have linked a youtube video:

It seems to happen as I am releasing the clutch. But, it stops when the clutch is engaged and I am fully moving forward. It also seems to stop when I then press the clutch down all the way.

The other issue is that something has been getting stuck in there. When I start the truck in neutral, it might not be willing to go in gear. So, I then have to shut the truck off, put it in gear and start it. The truck will then shutter just a touch, like it wants to move, and then it releases and I can drive just fine.

The clutch is a South Bend Con O and was put in 10+ years ago, but has only about 50k on it. I am only driving the truck about 2-3k miles per year for the last few years. Any ideas how to diagnose from the video? Thanks.

2002 F-250, PSD 6-speed, CC, short bed, 4X4, Toreador Red w/ Silver accent, A.R.E mx cap, Weld Super Single II and 33s in the summer, x-springs, F-350 blocks and badges, AIC, proflaps, ITP intank mod, AirDog with 3 micron filter, isspro guages and TTM, scangauge, husky liners, alarm, xm stereo,stull 5399-p grille, centramatics, ccv mod, AIS Air Filter, Southbend CON O, Detroit Truetrac LSD, coolant filter, 203 stat with billet housing, blackcloud intake heater plug/boost fitting, reese titan hitch, fabcraft PTO cover/temp sender port, prodigy brake controller, ITP Boost Annihalator, oilguard bypass filter, Mag-Hytec rear dif, bilsteins, hellwig rear stabilizer bar, ATS housing, non-ebpv pedistal and exhaust flange, magnaflow 3.5dp exhaust, ITP reg return, turbomaster wastegate controller, and ceramic coated bellowed up pipes, PHP 50t and 80p, currently 127,000 miles.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome