Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com - View Single Post - front seat replacement foam?
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 10:13 AM
panhead george

My Photos: (0)
I replaced my bottom seat foam a few years ago. Now the driver's seat is depressed in the middle. The passenger seat is hard. I bought a new seat foam (not from Ford). I plan on placing some rebond foam (good carpet pad) on top of the middle area of the new foam. The best motorcycle seat I had was repaired with rebond foam. I could ride all day long very comfortably.

By the way, I was told by a truck body shop to heat up around the bolts on the underside of the floor to loosen the thread sealant on the bolts. This makes it easier to remove the seat.

2002 F350 7.3 psd supercab dually 2wd, AIS, Moog joints, Bilstein, Michelin Defender LTX, Dieselsite coolant filter, red ELC, prepump spin-on fuel filter, 260,000 miles, hutch/harpoon mod, marinco mod, scan gauge ll, Zoodad, Dieselsite boots, pedestal delete, CNC Fab w/ crossover oil lines, 6.0 trans cooler, replaced oil pan, Walker BTM, Denso starter, bellowed up pipes, rebuilt oil cooler, billet dip stick adapter, HD glow plug relay

1974 CJ6 ... off the frame needs work
2013 Expedition... wife's car
Panhead ... 53 motor, 51 tanks, B grind cam, S&S carb, points, drum brakes ... It doesn't just sit in the garage

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome