Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com - View Single Post - DRW - 3.55 vs 4.10
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 08:24 AM
wpetko

My Photos: (17)
The best analogy I can think of concerning a gear ratio intended for fuel mileage is trying to pedal a 10 speed bike up a steep hill in high gear. Get your truck equipped for towing & let the fuel mileage take care if itself. The mileage probably won’t be affected that much anyway. My ‘13 dually does fine with the 3.73 gears towing my 16,400 pound 5th wheel, but I wouldn’t want to do it with the 3.55. My next truck (if I live that long☺️) will probably have the 4.10s. Heck. It may even be an F-450!

2013 F-350 Lariat 6.7 L PSD Crew Cab Dually, FX4, white platinum metalic tri-coat with black interior, N-Fab step bars, factory spray-in bedliner and 5th wheel hitch, trailer tow package, integrated brake controller, upfitter switches, Sync with My Ford Touch, memory group, remote start, reverse sensing with rear view camera, nav, satillite radio, Weather Tech floor mats, limited slip diff, moon roof, climate controlled seats, engine block heater and tailgate step.

2014 Lifestyle (formerly Carriage) 5th wheel 38' long with 3 slides & all the goodies.

SOLD: 2005 F-350 Lariat, 6.0 PSD, Torqueshift auto trans, crew cab, SRW, short box, FX4, ESOF, limited slip dif., tow command, upfitter switches, 6 CD changer, Lariat Lux. package, camper package, engine block heater, triple A-pillar gauge set (Autometer) with pyrometer, trans temp & voltmeter, MBRP 4" cat back exhaust w/5" dual wall chrome tip, dark shadow gray/ med. flint interior.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome