Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com - View Single Post - Ford '95 7.5L engine no good?
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2002, 11:52 AM
Kenworth

My Photos: (0)
Re: Ford '95 7.5L engine no good?

I hope you bought shares in a gas station a 460 is a gas pig I know my old F-Superduty I sold 2 weeks ago couldn't hold enough fuel in the tanks to get me very far. The best mileage I got out of that truck was 8 mpg and that was the best put a load on the truck she drops down to 4-5. The 460 does have some jam to it and I used it occasionally but 90% of the time I drove the truck like it had a egg under the pedal. I couldn't stand putting fuel into the truck everyday so I'am looking for a diesel truck I figured my fuel bill must have been around 300 bucks a month and I tried not driving the truck if it didn't make money.

As for longgevity of the 460 it all depends on maintanance keep the oil changed and clean fuel in it the engine should run for a long time.

One last piece of advice told to me by another guy that owned a F-350 4x4 powered by a 460 told me never let the fuel needle get below 1/4 of a tank you won't be making it very far.

KW

89 F-Superduty 7.3 N/A 5spd 319,000kms 12x8 flatdeck. Looking for a newer F-Superduty I just can't get over the feeling a F-350 is too light duty for the work. A F-Superduty is what a F-350 should be like something that will carry 8000lbs
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome