Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com - View Single Post - Ford '95 7.5L engine no good?
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 09-19-2002, 02:30 PM
WISKI

My Photos: (0)
Re: Ford '95 7.5L engine no good?

Had a 97 Crewcab with the 460. Owned it from mile 35k to 72k = no problems other than an alternater. MPG was 12 at best, and 10 at the worst, but I tend to drive like an old guy. (no offense old fellers...) I really liked the truck and engine, but didn't own it long enough to comment on longevity.

One point on my truck worth mentioning was that I had to retard the timing quite a bit (don't remember the exact degrees) in order to run 87 gas without a slight ping. I am sure this hurt fuel economy and power. (more foot = worse MPG). If I ran 91, all was fine, but as stated above, the motor was thirsty.

Another consideration that may or may not be of importance to you is the range on the truck. Mine had dual (but small 17&19 gal I think) tanks. Useful range was only 350-400 miles.

If you want it, snap it up. That is really the only reason you need. You only go around once. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

2002 F250 CC PSD

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome