6.4 Forum now running with some nice info. - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
News, Comments, Site Help and Suggestions Discussion of TheDieselStop.Com itself. What do you like or don't like, kudos and complaints, comments and suggestions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 04:36 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.4 Forum now running with some nice info.

I see Ford Truck Enthusiasts have a 6.4 going? How about us? Also someone posted as he saw and handled the new 6.4 that just came in from the test's. I think he works at the SuperDuty assembly plant.

2016 F350 Lariat Copperfire Bronze,Black Leather Crew Cab,Short Box SRW. Supplemental Heater,3.55 ELD, Remote Starter. Used for hauling 16ft x 8.5ft. Work Trailer , 8ft. Fisher Plow, Lance 820 truck camper for those days I can get away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 03:25 PM

Re: 6.4 Forum now running with some nice info.

As stated many times before a 6.4 forum will be there as soon as the official announcement from Ford is here.

I am personally looking forward to see all our folks guiney-pigging this engine. This might be a really interesing forum. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Jim

2009 F250 PSD 4x4 CC LB KR

2007 Suburban LT3
2007 Yukon XL Denali

2005 F250 PSD 4x4 CC LB KR

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 10:51 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (19)

If the 6.4 becomes a reality, this site will certainly have a forum for it, without one question. If it is anything like the launch of the 6.0 it will be the one best things that has EVER happened to this site. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/phoney.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 04:05 PM

I guess the fact that Ford (through dealerconnection. com)clearly discusses the 2008MY 6.4 doesn't count as official.

The member Ford techs here could enlighten you on a recent document (08/11)regarding Ford's diesel additives being temporarily pulled from the dealer's shelves for re-label and the fact that only one of the three products mentioned is compatible with the "new 2008 MY 6.4 diesel engine or any vehicle that requires ULSD"

'04 F-250 SC Longbed FX4
6.0 - Engine Build Date 10/03/03
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 04:34 PM

My Photos: (45)

[ QUOTE ]
I guess the fact that Ford (through dealerconnection. com)clearly discusses the 2008MY 6.4 doesn't count as official.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. That is a password protected website that only certain dealership personned have the password to.

Until Ford makes some specs and other details about the new engine public, discussing them would be a useless exercise in frustration. Rumor and inuendo. And the Ford dealership personnel that have access to the Ford password-protected websites are not allowed to post in public what they know.

Of course, you always have outlaw websites such as BlueOval News where Ford employees constantly break Ford "news", but when they get caught, they are fired. I'm as curious as the next guy, but I don't want to get some kid fired because he broke the rules and posted something he promised to keep under his hat. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. That is a password protected website that only certain dealership personned have the password to.

Until Ford makes some specs and other details about the new engine public, discussing them would be a useless exercise in frustration. Rumor and inuendo. And the Ford dealership personnel that have access to the Ford password-protected websites are not allowed to post in public what they know.

Of course, you always have outlaw websites such as BlueOval News where Ford employees constantly break Ford "news", but when they get caught, they are fired. I'm as curious as the next guy, but I don't want to get some kid fired because he broke the rules and posted something he promised to keep under his hat. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought blueovalnews WAS an actual Ford site. I got a bunch of good info there even some secret contact numbers of 6.0 engineers. Fooled me!

Too much junk/toys to mention, ever changing due to too getting bored too quickly. I need a 10 step program!
Want to call? I'm in the book. Want to argue....First explain the square root of negative one....lol
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 11:08 PM

My Photos: (28)

[ QUOTE ]
I thought blueovalnews WAS an actual Ford site.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Richard, maybe you ought to read this. Here

TheDieselStop.Com Moderator & Former Photo Editor
Had a May '02 F350 7.3L SC Lariat 4x4 Auto. Sold In 5/2016 it had 321.1K+ miles
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Had a June '97 F350 7.3L Reg Cab XLT 4x4 Auto SRW, OEM Radio w/CD. Sold In 5/2016 it had 208.1K+ miles
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-19-2006, 08:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I thought blueovalnews WAS an actual Ford site.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Richard, maybe you ought to read this. Here

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the link Dick. There is a bunch of good info there and it does have the "appearance" of a real ford site. I truly never suspected that there was such a controversy.

Too much junk/toys to mention, ever changing due to too getting bored too quickly. I need a 10 step program!
Want to call? I'm in the book. Want to argue....First explain the square root of negative one....lol
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-20-2006, 12:27 PM

My Photos: (4)

Richard,

Yeap, BON has been in and out of lawsuits for a long time.

But very good site for sure [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I think we should see an offical release probably in November at one of the AutoShows [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Kevin "BigK" Neal

972-768-7252

post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 03:34 PM

Hopefully, the Texas State Fair late Sept. through about mid Oct.

'04 F-250 SC Longbed FX4
post #11 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 04:50 PM

My Photos: (4)

Yea,

I hope so too, they normally have a HUGE display there.

But we will see, I will be there First day for sure! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif[/img]

Kevin "BigK" Neal

972-768-7252

post #12 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 06:56 AM

My Photos: (1)

Is this the official announcement?

Detroit News Article
post #13 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 08:24 AM

Probably not. Even though the AP has picked up the story and it is reported in The Dallas Morning News as being on display at the Texas State Fair.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/F/F...mp;SECTION=HOME

Remember. You heard it here last.

'04 F-250 SC Longbed FX4
post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 08:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Probably not. Even though the AP has picked up the story and it is reported in The Dallas Morning News as being on display at the Texas State Fair.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/F/F...mp;SECTION=HOME

Remember. You heard it here last.

[/ QUOTE ]

"engine and will produce more horsepower, but it will have better fuel economy and be quieter than its predecessor, the company said."

I sort of remember that same claim in 2003? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

post #15 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 09:40 AM

It's quite a bit quieter, but if you believe that fuel economy will increase, well, then, I've got this land you see and....

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > General Discussion > News, Comments, Site Help and Suggestions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in