6.4 Forum now running with some nice info. - Page 2 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
News, Comments, Site Help and Suggestions Discussion of TheDieselStop.Com itself. What do you like or don't like, kudos and complaints, comments and suggestions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 11:06 AM

My Photos: (4)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Re: 6.4 Forum now running with some nice info.

Nope,

None of those are offical news,

[ QUOTE ]
DETROIT (AP) -- Ford Motor Co. will soon unveil a new series of large F-Series pickup trucks powered by an optional new clean-burning diesel engine, company officials said Monday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Won't be OFFICAL untill FORD makes the announcement. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Kevin "BigK" Neal

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

972-768-7252

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 11:24 AM
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (19)

Twin turbos, and more emissions quizmos than you can count, same block, probably same pistons and internals, man I am excited about this one. Anybody want to bet that it leaks? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
post #18 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 11:44 AM

My Photos: (0)

[ QUOTE ]
It's quite a bit quieter, but if you believe that fuel economy will increase, well, then, I've got this land you see and....

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I'll wait a year to get the bugs out? Thanks for the info....don't be a stranger!!!

from the car richard

Too much junk/toys to mention, ever changing due to too getting bored too quickly. I need a 10 step program!
Want to call? I'm in the book. Want to argue....First explain the square root of negative one....lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 12:04 PM

Take at least 2 years. Think back of the 6.0.

Jim

2009 F250 PSD 4x4 CC LB KR

2007 Suburban LT3
2007 Yukon XL Denali

2005 F250 PSD 4x4 CC LB KR

post #20 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 12:09 PM

With Ford, one year is not nearly long enough to get the bugs worked out, they usually won't even acknowledge bugs within the first year. IMPO (In My Personal Opinion)

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS!! - GOD BLESS AMERICA!!
post #21 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 02:15 PM

2003 was troublesome
2004 was partly ok
2005 I ordered - flawless as far as the engine goes

So that's 2 years which will mean 2009 MJ in 2008 for the 6.4. If you change every year anyhow why not try it out? I would do.

Jim

2009 F250 PSD 4x4 CC LB KR

2007 Suburban LT3
2007 Yukon XL Denali

2005 F250 PSD 4x4 CC LB KR

post #22 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 04:09 PM

New News,

http://www.tradingmarkets.com/.site/...0STORY/347762/

New Truck will Debut at Texas State Fair, WOOOHOO!

Kevin "BigK" Neal

972-768-7252

post #23 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 04:12 PM

Another one,

http://www.realtimetraders.com/sp/to...006&item=8

Kevin "BigK" Neal

972-768-7252

post #24 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 06:05 PM

HERE is an interesting article on the subject. Funny thing upon the announcement the stock goes down. That's what 50 million dollars in warranty claims on the 6.0 in two years will do for you. Yes I said it 50 million. You just gotta hope and believe they will not deliver more trash like the 6.0 (at least the early ones, I throw that bone for you guys with "perfect flawless" trucks although I think the motor is and has been one big problem no matter what year it is) because if they do, it will doom them financially. Three fourths of the super duties sold are sold with powerstroke engines, if the 6.4 launch is anywhere close to being as problematic as the 6.0 you can forgetaboutit. They have lost in my estimation at least 10-15 percent of their diesel truck customer base (and that is probably low) over the 6.0 debacle. They just can't take another hit like that.
post #25 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 06:50 AM

Ford at the moment has one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peal. If this "NEW better" diesel is a problem or a stinker it might be the last straw for Ford. Even the die hard Ford guys/gals are looking elsewhere.

Too much junk/toys to mention, ever changing due to too getting bored too quickly. I need a 10 step program!
Want to call? I'm in the book. Want to argue....First explain the square root of negative one....lol
post #26 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 06:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ford at the moment has one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peal. If this "NEW better" diesel is a problem or a stinker it might be the last straw for Ford. Even the die hard Ford guys/gals are looking elsewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

On edit or to add to that. I'm betting the new bigger, stronger, more power, bigger load Toyota Tundra soon coming will be a big hit. I'm predicting that it will eat directly into F-150 sales and the F-150 is about the only thing keeping Ford going. If you all do some research Toyota has designed this new Tundra as a F-150 beater.

post #27 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 10:39 AM

My Photos: (2)

Well Ford has made a public media press release regarding the 6.4L diesel engine for F-series trucks. Here's the link below to their media press release website:

Ford Media Press Releases

Looks like it is official now.

2008 F350 XLT CC DRW 4x4, 6.4, Auto, 4.10, Manual Transfer case, Supplemental Heat, Wide Track Front Axle, Sirius.
1996 Newmar Dutchstar, 8.3L Cummins 6CTA, MD3060 Allison

** SOLD with 80,300 miles ** 2003.25 (Feb. 14, 2003 build) F350 Crew Cab 4x4 XLT, 6.0
post #28 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 10:41 AM

Yeap for sure!

And I will be there for the Release [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Kevin "BigK" Neal

972-768-7252

post #29 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well Ford has made a public media press release regarding the 6.4L diesel engine for F-series trucks. Here's the link below to their media press release website:

Ford Media Press Releases

Looks like it is official now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree it is now official, time to open the forum.
post #30 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 02:53 PM

Yea, but the Offical Engine information won't be released untill the release of the Truck, Sept 28th [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Kevin "BigK" Neal

972-768-7252

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > General Discussion > News, Comments, Site Help and Suggestions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in