6.4 Forum now running with some nice info. - Page 3 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
News, Comments, Site Help and Suggestions Discussion of TheDieselStop.Com itself. What do you like or don't like, kudos and complaints, comments and suggestions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 03:58 PM

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Re: 6.4 Forum now running with some nice info.

[ QUOTE ]
Yea, but the Offical Engine information won't be released untill the release of the Truck, Sept 28th [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm betting diesel jay will have some specs on it very soon.

Too much junk/toys to mention, ever changing due to too getting bored too quickly. I need a 10 step program!
Want to call? I'm in the book. Want to argue....First explain the square root of negative one....lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 05:23 PM

And CGI as blockmaterial is out of question?

sept 2003
"Fundamentally incorrect. I have no preference for or against the technology. It's just that Nav has no interest in it for the US market, despite inferences from other sources that it could find applications.

Regards,
Jay
"
--------

Anyway, GM is now revealing the HighTech of their new V8 diesel.

"Technical highlights of the engine include aluminum cylinder heads with integrated manifolding, compacted graphite iron (CGI) block for a strong engine base and fracture-split main bearing caps and connecting rods for a precise fit. A high-pressure, common-rail fuel system is used, which has the ability to inject fuel five times per combustion event to control noise and emissions."

GM New Diesel V8
post #33 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 05:57 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (19)

Look Ford has officially announced the engine. It is time to open a forum. Folks want to talk about it. It is off topic here, but I appreciate the site allowing us to continue the thread. I think Jason should flip the switch, since there is a lot of excitement and trepidation building and folks want to talk about it. As the internets premier Ford Diesel site, it is time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-23-2006, 07:36 PM

My Photos: (2)

Greetings,

Someone owns and runs this site and makes the calls.
But it behooves me why, when Customers are requesting something over and over and over, that the owner would not provide what the customer wants.

I can see posatives and negatives for why not to have a 6.4 and why to have a 6.4 forum. But you would think that 'the customers' would have a significant impact on what a site offers...

On the 6.4 itself.
(Knowing that 10% is nothing) If it is supposed to get 'say' 10% better MPG, and the 6.0 was supposed to get 10% better MPG, and the 7.3 was supposed to get 10% better MPG, just what MPG were the first ones getting, 5 mpg???

Pease and Blessings

Charity, Faith, Hope, and Love!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

04/04 F250 XLT 4x4, 6.0, Auto, ESOF, 3.73, CC/SB, TrueBlue & Dark Flint cloth, Born 10/03
post #35 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-24-2006, 12:58 AM

I hope that all of you se the difference going from 7,3 litre to 6 liter and getting 10% improvement in mpg by reducing the engine size 17 %

and then making it again by reducing fuel consumption another 10 % but this time the engine is 6,6 % BIGGER
post #36 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-24-2006, 01:47 AM

In fact the 7.3 get better MPG than the 6.0. No doubt about that. Maybe a bigger engine gets better MPG? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif[/img] For me not logical but this is Ford. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif[/img]

Jim

2009 F250 PSD 4x4 CC LB KR

2007 Suburban LT3
2007 Yukon XL Denali

2005 F250 PSD 4x4 CC LB KR

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #37 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-24-2006, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope that all of you se the difference going from 7,3 litre to 6 liter and getting 10% improvement in mpg by reducing the engine size 17 %

and then making it again by reducing fuel consumption another 10 % but this time the engine is 6,6 % BIGGER

[/ QUOTE ]

Greetings,

You would have to elaborate more. Seriously, I am not sure I even comprehend what your getting at... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I am not that knowledgable regarding engines, displacement, increase or decrease in HP/TQ and loss or gain in MPG. The best I do is understand that better injectors mean more controlled fuel deliv. in smaller dropletts with more frequent...um, what is the word...instances/episodes. I cant remember the word they use for the each time fuel is delivered and exploded. Doh!

Peace and Blessings

Charity, Faith, Hope, and Love!

04/04 F250 XLT 4x4, 6.0, Auto, ESOF, 3.73, CC/SB, TrueBlue & Dark Flint cloth, Born 10/03
post #38 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-24-2006, 07:54 PM

This one might be better suited to live in the new 6.4 forum!

Thanks jason!

2011 F-350 ECSB 4x4 Lariat Sterling Gray Metallic. 51,000 mi
Mods: Silver Star Ultra bulbs, M&S Mini-Maxx, MBRP "Race" Exhaust

North East Mid-Atlantic Diesel Club:

post #39 of 39 (permalink) Old 08-24-2006, 09:01 PM

My Photos: (5)

[ QUOTE ]
In fact the 7.3 get better MPG than the 6.0. No doubt about that. Maybe a bigger engine gets better MPG? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif[/img] For me not logical but this is Ford. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif[/img]

Jim

[/ QUOTE ]

The real issue is actually MPGPP (Miles Per Gallon Per Pound). Here, we are all driving the most efficient four wheeled vehicles on earth. Calculate the MPGPP of the Prius? All factors considered, the 7.3 is far more economical and reliable and the 6.0 is a bit more powerful but prone to failure because of Ford "improvements." [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] Ford needs to continue with their 1950's technology iron with the strapped on alloy NASA (PSD TD) parts in order to stay in business. The 6.0 strayed from this working model. Too bad. Unless the 6.4 is a hit and offered in the Expedition, my next purchase will be a GMC Diesel HD Suburban. Aside from that, I sure dolove my hopped up 7.3 and plan to keep it in my fleet until it goes. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

P.S. Wait until the near zero sulpher diesel comes out. It will cost 20% more than gas and will be required in any >12K lb GRVW diesel vehicle. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vulnerable.gif[/img] (hint --Build your biodiesel still now) [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > General Discussion > News, Comments, Site Help and Suggestions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in