Account Removal??? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
News, Comments, Site Help and Suggestions Discussion of TheDieselStop.Com itself. What do you like or don't like, kudos and complaints, comments and suggestions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-12-2003, 08:19 AM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Account Removal???

I have a two accounts here. If I don't use one for some time will it get purged from the system automatically? How long does this take? I've got a PM into Jason to remove the account in question. The poor boy is probably up to his eyeballs in things.

Reason, is now that we can change the display name, I want to use the newer account name on my older account (this one). I know...I'm Crazy [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Frostyford

2001 F350 Lariat 4x4, CC, SWB, PSD, Oxford White with lot's of extra's

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Smart Car

Sold. 1994 Ranger V6, 4x4 Offroad, Supercab, Red, Loaded. James Duff 3" Suspension lift, BFG MT's 32x11.50's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-13-2003, 10:42 PM Thread Starter

Re: Account Removal???

Bump???

Can't anyone modarator help out here?

Frostyford

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Smart Car

Sold. 1994 Ranger V6, 4x4 Offroad, Supercab, Red, Loaded. James Duff 3" Suspension lift, BFG MT's 32x11.50's
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-13-2003, 11:52 PM

My Photos: (3)
Garage

I'm not worthy of Moderator status but I'll still post a reply to you if it'll help with your question [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Nope won't get purged off the list. There's people that joined almost 4 years ago and never posted and probably didn't even come back to lurk and their names are still listed.

It would make sense to purge the server of members that haven't logged in for at least the last 12 months.

Might even help the site load a little faster [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Take care,
BILL

2002 Ford Excursion 7.3L 4x4 XLT

, 6.0L cooler,
Magnaflow 4"- FRX CVD Valving - FRX Crossover - HPX
Bilstein 5100's - AFE Stage 2 - Adrenaline HPOP
LandYot's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-14-2003, 08:46 AM

My Photos: (3)

[ QUOTE ]
It would make sense to purge the server of members that haven't logged in for at least the last 12 months.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I'm left wondering why in the world someone would need 2 accounts when you can make your display name anything you want now. In fact most forums won't allow more than one account. Oh well. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

Bruce
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-19-2003, 12:25 AM Thread Starter

Bump again...

Not sure if only Jason can remove accounts or the Moderators can. I'm sure he's pretty busy as well. I agree, it should speed systems up if they purges any un-used accounts. They could start with the spare one I have.

I just want my display on this account to be "Frostyford". [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif[/img] I even got custom plates on the truck to "tee" my wife off. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vulnerable.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vulnerable.gif[/img]

Frostyford

2008 Smart Car

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-19-2003, 07:57 AM
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (45)

Moderators can ban a user, but we can't literally delete the account from the database. When banned, the account is still there, because we can later un-ban that account.

Each member's account is one record in a database. Only Jason has the keys to the database to literally delete records. As long as those old unused records don't cause any problems, he doesn't have much incentive to spend time to delete unused accounts.

Besides, if he starts deleting records, then we couldn't brag about having more than 29,635 members. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/warmsmile.gif[/img]

My Sierra Blanca (Spanish for White Mountain) in the sig pic was a great pickup for 11.5 years. I sold it several years ago. I drove a hand-me-down 2003 F-150 SuperCrew 4.6L 2V for a while, but it was unacceptable for towing more than a rowboat. Replacement is a 2012 F-150 EcoBoost SuperCrew Lariat that tows my 5,000-pound TT like a dream. Replaced the 2012 with a 2019 F-150 3.5L EcoBoost with max tow.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-19-2003, 09:04 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Smokey for the reply. Unfortunately, I stuck until Jason gets to my request (PM) I guess.

You got a point there about that many members. I wonder how many are really "not active" anyway?

Frostyford

2008 Smart Car

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-20-2003, 01:16 AM

My Photos: (14)

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks Smokey for the reply. Unfortunately, I stuck until Jason gets to my request (PM) I guess.

You got a point there about that many members. I wonder how many are really "not active" anyway?

[/ QUOTE ]
9,931 "users" haven't made a single post yet. An additional 3,421 users have only one post. Only Smokey has over 10,000 posts (14,000 +). An additional 50 of us have over 2000 each.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-20-2003, 02:27 AM

My Photos: (4)

And only 5 over 5000 [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif[/img]

Kevin

Kevin "BigK" Neal

972-768-7252

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > General Discussion > News, Comments, Site Help and Suggestions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in