Adding Attachments to Post - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
News, Comments, Site Help and Suggestions Discussion of TheDieselStop.Com itself. What do you like or don't like, kudos and complaints, comments and suggestions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-06-2016, 12:22 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (12)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Adding Attachments to Post

I am having a problem adding attachments in post. I tried to attache a pdf file to this thread and when I clicked the paperclip to add the attachment from a file on my computer all it brings up is all the attachments that I have stored here on the forums. Everything was working fine the day before when I attached some photos and one pdf file to a thread.

I have tried this on two different browsers. IE Edge and Firefox 46.0.1 and get the same results. I have also dumped all my cookies on both browsers. Also when I go to the long post reply on Firefox it hangs for a few seconds and says that Firefox is not responding but then it will clear up and connect to the reply to box.

I have also noticed the last couple of weeks that it takes a little bit of time for post to appear once I click on them. This could be my problem but I was just wondering.

96 F250 PS XLT 4X4 long box, 5sp,4.10, manual hubs,pyro+boost guages, Dark Toumaline, add a leaf, Dale's TYMAR, and HX hose, downpipe, coolant filter, Luk clutch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-06-2016, 01:03 PM Thread Starter

I just tried it on a second computer and am getting the same results.

96 F250 PS XLT 4X4 long box, 5sp,4.10, manual hubs,pyro+boost guages, Dark Toumaline, add a leaf, Dale's TYMAR, and HX hose, downpipe, coolant filter, Luk clutch
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-06-2016, 03:29 PM Thread Starter

It is now getting stranger.

If I click on the paper clip icon it brings up all of the attachments that I have here on The Diesel Stop.

Then if I scroll all the way to the bottom there is a box that says "manage attachments"

If I click on this box the correct box pops up where I can now select a file from my computer.

If I now close that pop up box and then click on the paper clip again the pop up box comes back up they way that it should.

It appears that the gremlins are busy today.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-07-2016, 10:24 AM

My Photos: (7)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hey there,

Sorry you're having trouble. I can't seem to recreate the issue in Edge or FF, could you send some screenshots of what it is you're coming across?
If I understand correctly, you are hitting "Reply" or "Go Advanced" from the thread. Using the paperclip icon to attach. This new window that opens is not the "Manage Attachments" window as it should be, but instead is a list of all your attachments on the forum? From there, you have to click on "Manage Attachments" in order to 'Choose File' and 'Upload'? There is no option on this first page?

Are you running any additional plugins on these browsers? Any adblocks?

Dayle

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-07-2016, 10:41 AM Thread Starter

Yes I am hitting Post Reply and not the Quick Post.

SS #1 shows what appears in Additional Options just below the smilies when I hit Reply to Thread.

SS #2 shows what I get when I click the paper clip icon to attach files.

SS #3 Now it I click on manage attachments at the bottom of the page I come up with SS #4

SS #4 Shows the pop up box for adding attachments where I can now add a attachment.

Just as a FYI the same thing is happening over on Powerstroke Nation that has the same format a here.

I do have a add blocker but for this post I disabled it on The Diesel Stop and get the same results.

Now that I see how I can add attachments I can live with the results but I was just wondering why it just started to happen since Saturday June 4

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	227.8 KB
ID:	96530  

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	225.2 KB
ID:	96538  

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	253.6 KB
ID:	96546  

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	282.6 KB
ID:	96554  

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-07-2016, 10:48 AM Thread Starter

One other thing that could be FireFox but when I hit Post Reply I get a little bit of hang time and then in the header box I get FireFox not responding but then a few seconds later it clears and I can then post.

Both situations are happening on 2 computers.

Computer 1 is running Windows 10 and FireFox 46.0.1

Computer 2 is running Windows XP and I have no idea what version of FF it is.
I also checked on Computer 2 and it is also happening on Windows IE 10 I believe.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	264.2 KB
ID:	96562  

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-08-2016, 03:20 PM

Hey there,

We're going to send this in to tech and have them take a look at it. Hang tight for a fix!

Dayle

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-08-2016, 04:50 PM Thread Starter

No problems I now know how to work around it for now.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-09-2016, 09:41 AM

It seems like several sites are experiencing it. I don't think it would post all the images in the attachment manager though. Probably a list of all the images under your account that you had previously loaded.

Lee
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	pikahu.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	444.0 KB
ID:	96602  

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-09-2016, 12:24 PM

My Photos: (180)
Adding Attachments to Post-green-snow-.jpg

Working fine for me here
Win 7 w/Firefox
I have noticed some wonky-ness with attachments previously, but when that happened, I used the "Drag and Drop File Upload" box, which seemed to work OK.

First truck -- 1929 Model A Ford pickup, restored from ground up. Wish I still had it!
'99.5 F250 PSD Supercab LB 4x4, ZF-6 w/SB Con OFE, 3.73LS, Boost & pyro gauges, Swamps S175/146 injectors, DP 80 HP Econo PCM (classic version
), AIS,
regulated return,

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > General Discussion > News, Comments, Site Help and Suggestions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in