The Diesel Stop banner

Archive Search ?

9K views 25 replies 9 participants last post by  AggieDiesel01 
#1 ·
Howdy:

I haven't been on the site for quite a while. Is it still possible to search for older postings. I was looking for one that was several years old, but could not find a way to do it. Thanks.

Robert

#2 · (Edited)
I don't think a specific archive search button has been set up yet, but you might try the google search under the search pulldown on the menu bar up near the top. The archives are still there (I have a couple of IE favorites that point there that still work).

OK, I found the old archive search page:

TheDieselStop.Com Archives

On edit (again): Well - That didn't work. :icon_rolleyes:

You can however view the archive threads here:

TheDieselStop.Com - www.thedieselstop.com

On edit: Since this might be a common question, I'll sticky it for a while.

#3 ·
Thanks for the quick response. Will give it a go.

Robert

#4 · (Edited)
Just got a note from the Admins that they'll be working on getting the archives searchable. No date for completion, but it's on the "To-Do" list.

#7 ·
I just tried the archive search link and I was given a forbidden access error. I've been looking for a part number for a couple weeks now and I finally found it in the dieselstop archives through a google search. If I could have searched the archives when I started, I'd be two weeks ahead. Please update the search function so we can use it again, thanks.

#9 ·
Here's what I got when I tried the latest link in this thread.

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /asearch/estseek.cgi on this server.

#11 ·
Can't even try a search. Just clicking the link gives that result I posted.

#14 ·
Sorry I never checked back on this thread. I just checked again though and it's still giving the same forbidden error.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#16 ·
That link gives hhtp 403 forbidden

#18 ·
#19 ·
I tried it the other day and it worked. Today I get this when I do a search from the link:

Not Found

The requested URL /cgi-bin/htsearch was not found on this serv

Attachments

#20 ·
Funny thing, it might be related, but I am not seeing anyone's attached thumbnails for pictures anymore. I also cannot "like" posts anymore either. This is becoming frustrating.

Reactions: Administrator
#22 · (Edited)
Archive search link

I, too, just tried your latest link. The results:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /asearch/estseek.cgi on this server.

Then I tried your link from post #17. It worked enough to get me this:

Not Found
The requested URL /cgi-bin/htsearch was not found on this server.

#23 ·
ED,

I am posting from my work computer that uses internet explorer for a browser, not sure what you mean by skin, but that may be related to phone use.

#25 · (Edited)
Hello to you as well.

#26 ·
Will the archives ever come back? And then maybe a way to search them? Sure had lots of good tech in there, made this place what it was, it would be nice to be able to find it again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.