Could I suggest - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
News, Comments, Site Help and Suggestions Discussion of TheDieselStop.Com itself. What do you like or don't like, kudos and complaints, comments and suggestions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-18-2003, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (16)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Could I suggest

I suggest that a new forum be established that deals exclusively with the maintenance of the new 6.0 engine and drive train. Now that 80000 or so are on the road, maintenance will become more of a needed topic. Since I am an Excursion owner, I feel I will be chastised if I ask questions on the Super Duty site even though I have the identical drive train and engine. I do not have a SD, but since that forum is so much more visited than the lonely X Powerstroke site, I find myself having to go there for information. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vulnerable.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-18-2003, 09:33 PM

My Photos: (0)
Re: Could I suggest

[ QUOTE ]
I suggest that a new forum be established that deals exclusively with the maintenance of the new 6.0 engine and drive train.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Maybe I'm missing something here, but...Try this forum: 6.0L Powerstroke and Drivetrain

Sarhog

2002 Dark Shadow Gray F250 XLT, Crewcab, PSD, 4x4, auto, shortbed, Transferflow 46 gal replacement tank, ART slotted rotors, ISSPRO TTM, Walker BTM, Bilstein shocks
Autometer Z-series EGT, Boost, & Trans temp guages in A-pillar pod
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-18-2003, 09:46 PM Thread Starter

I think I must be missing something because your link directs me right back to the Super Duty 6.0 forum, who I have come to understand do not like to hear too much from the Excursion owners. If I can post there with 6.0 questions EVEN THOUGH I am an Excursion owner, I am fine with that. I just need information and it seems to me if all of the expertise on this web site were directed to a specific maintenance forum it would be very helpful... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-18-2003, 10:07 PM

That forum is for 6.0L specific questions, whether Super-Duty or Excursion. Excursion-specific questions should go in the appropriate forum.

Jason
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-18-2003, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I must be missing something because your link directs me right back to the Super Duty 6.0 forum, who I have come to understand do not like to hear too much from the Excursion owners.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not the sharpest guy around here on using the search feature, but I just read every post you have posted on the 6.0L forum and I have not found a single instance that supports that claim.
Can you be more specific?
As I understand it (and as Jason's post confirms) the 6.0 forum is for all 6.0 engine and related drivetrain discussion, regardless of chassis.

Sarhog

2002 Dark Shadow Gray F250 XLT, Crewcab, PSD, 4x4, auto, shortbed, Transferflow 46 gal replacement tank, ART slotted rotors, ISSPRO TTM, Walker BTM, Bilstein shocks
Autometer Z-series EGT, Boost, & Trans temp guages in A-pillar pod
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-18-2003, 11:26 PM Thread Starter

GREAT..... I will post early and often about 6.0 issues on that site. But you have to agree with me that the forum itself, by its title does not invite Excursion owners... Ok, lets relax, I just want to know about 6.0 issues, even if it is installed in a Yugo. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-19-2003, 12:26 AM

What are you talking about??????

The forum says neither SuperDuty or Excursion. Read it again.
6.0 Powerstroke and Drive Train.

What word don't you understand??
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-19-2003, 07:52 AM

My Photos: (4)

Higgins,

You think X owners get hammered, try owning a gasser and playing on this site. Just develop a little thicker skin and you'll come to really enjoy this site (or maybe I'm just a little s/m?). [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif[/img]

Robb [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-19-2003, 08:24 AM
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (45)

[ QUOTE ]
The forum says neither SuperDuty or Excursion. Read it again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, Jamie - you were up too late last night??? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/warmsmile.gif[/img]

Higgins is right. Yes, the 6.0L engine forum is in the section of forums for "1999-Up Super Duties". That means pickups and chassis cabs with the 6.0L engine and drivetrain.

Folks with X-cars can post there too, but they cannot ask any X-car-specific questions in that forum.

As far as I know, the X-car drivetrain is identical to the drivetrain in the SuperDuties, so I can't think of a topic that would be off topic in that forum just because the vehicle is an X-car instead of a pickup.

If the X-car engine differs from the SuperDuty engine in any way, discussion of those differences would be off topic in the SuperDuty forums.

The basic policy of "on topic" in the '99-up SuperDuties forums is the same for the X-cars as for the Fords with gas engines and for E-vans. If the answer to a question would be identical regardless of vehicle or engine, then the question can be posted in the '99-up SuperDuties forums. But if the answer might be even slightly different than if the question were about a pickup with a PSD engine, then the question is off topic and will be moved to the appropriate forum where it will be on topic.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Sierra Blanca (Spanish for White Mountain) in the sig pic was a great pickup for 11.5 years. I sold it several years ago. I drove a hand-me-down 2003 F-150 SuperCrew 4.6L 2V for a while, but it was unacceptable for towing more than a rowboat. Replacement is a 2012 F-150 EcoBoost SuperCrew Lariat that tows my 5,000-pound TT like a dream. Replaced the 2012 with a 2019 F-150 3.5L EcoBoost with max tow.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-19-2003, 08:40 PM Thread Starter

Thanks S.W. , I do think I can read and I only want to comply with the posting rules set up by this site. I just do not think the 6.0 X guys, "at times" do not get a "fair shake". The forum could easily be changed to describe it as a forum for 6.0 Powerstroke Diesels and Drive train without limiting it to Super Duty Trucks (which by the way I have the upmost respect for but just do not have the need, since I have four kids I love to "haul" around).
[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > General Discussion > News, Comments, Site Help and Suggestions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in