dead links (question inside) - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
News, Comments, Site Help and Suggestions Discussion of TheDieselStop.Com itself. What do you like or don't like, kudos and complaints, comments and suggestions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-03-2004, 04:42 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (3)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
dead links (question inside)

Not sure which forum this belongs, figured this might be the best, if not, feel free to move it.

I have ran across a couple of posts (archived) that have several links to other threads with helpfull info. Is there a way to change the url's so they direct you to the proper thread (instead of the no forum found page). Something I can do (and maybe post the updated links)?

Thanks!

Some people dream of fame and wealth, others work for it.
Lynn Amick

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'00 F250 SD 7.3PSD S/C, Hillbilly intake sys, CCV mod, 4 position chip, EBPV switch, 4"DP DPPI exh, HX hose, remote fuel drain handle, coolant filter, turbo timer. Cardboard fiber dash kit still in the works.
Lots of things on the "to-do" list
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-03-2004, 05:26 PM

My Photos: (11)
Re: dead links (question inside)

[ QUOTE ]
Not sure which forum this belongs, figured this might be the best, if not, feel free to move it.

I have ran across a couple of posts (archived) that have several links to other threads with helpfull info. Is there a way to change the url's so they direct you to the proper thread (instead of the no forum found page). Something I can do (and maybe post the updated links)?

Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

Please check your PMs and let me know if that works and if so, I'll post the method here.

Larry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2001PSD(PCM:HPI2)SD E-350,Dk Emerald Grn,4.10LS, <font color="blue">Mustang dyno - 183.9/400.4 stock</font>
, BTS w/Schaeffer's ATF
, ITP 3.5"/4" exhaust w/Magnaflow & Aeroturbine,Dieselsite 203* T-stat/Zerex G-05,F.Pwr, Ext/Int. Upgd. pkg,R. Bds,AIC,Tow Pkg, Rear & Slider windows,<font color="red">AMSOIL air, oil-bypass & rear end 75w-140 fluid ,<font color="blue">3/8" fuel sys w/10 Dieselsite DAHL100 & fuel manifold/sight glass</font>,6 way dr. pwr. seat, Magnefine trans/P.S. filters</font>, husky mats,<font color="red">5 gauge A-pillar ISSPRO EVs w/Grn mkr illum. + air & fuel restriction gauges</font>,Dieselsite coolant filter and zinc electrode, manual GPR switch & GP LED, blinking security LED, weathertechs, a few other "Gadgets"
, & a 1981 26' Prowler TT(26Y)
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-04-2004, 04:02 PM

My Photos: (11)
Retriving broken/dead links

For all those having issues with finding broken links to the archived section of the site there is a utility that will find these <font color="red"> HERE</font>. What you have to do is type in the Thread ID # (not a post #) and it will return a link to that Thread ID. You can get the Thread ID number by either clicking on the broken link directly and finding the Thread ID in the address bar or right clicking on the broken link and finding it under the properties. The former is probably best since you will already be there when you discover the link is bad. Only hiccup that might exist is when a link is done to a certain post within a thread using the "threaded mode", I don't think that the number in the link for the Post # in that thread will work with the utility will work for Post #, just Thread IDs so make sure you use the Thread ID to be safe.

This utility might not be a permanent feature or be incorporated in some other way and if that happens I'll try and update the status of this utility here.

Larry

2001PSD(PCM:HPI2)SD E-350,Dk Emerald Grn,4.10LS, <font color="blue">Mustang dyno - 183.9/400.4 stock</font>
, BTS w/Schaeffer's ATF
, ITP 3.5"/4" exhaust w/Magnaflow & Aeroturbine,Dieselsite 203* T-stat/Zerex G-05,F.Pwr, Ext/Int. Upgd. pkg,R. Bds,AIC,Tow Pkg, Rear & Slider windows,<font color="red">AMSOIL air, oil-bypass & rear end 75w-140 fluid ,<font color="blue">3/8" fuel sys w/10 Dieselsite DAHL100 & fuel manifold/sight glass</font>,6 way dr. pwr. seat, Magnefine trans/P.S. filters</font>, husky mats,<font color="red">5 gauge A-pillar ISSPRO EVs w/Grn mkr illum. + air & fuel restriction gauges</font>,Dieselsite coolant filter and zinc electrode, manual GPR switch & GP LED, blinking security LED, weathertechs, a few other "Gadgets"
, & a 1981 26' Prowler TT(26Y)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-12-2004, 09:22 PM

My Photos: (6)
Re: Retriving broken/dead links

This thread needs to be a sticky or, even better, create a link to the utility page on the archive search page!

'04/04 F350 SRW Lariat CC LB <font color="CCCCCC">Silver</font> 6.0 T/S 4x4 X-springs , Dual Alts, AIC, Bilsteins,
, CB - overhead mount, QuadPod w/Cobalts,

NRA Endowment Member
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > General Discussion > News, Comments, Site Help and Suggestions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in