FORDvsCHEVYvsDODGE-I can't take it anymore... - Page 2 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
News, Comments, Site Help and Suggestions Discussion of TheDieselStop.Com itself. What do you like or don't like, kudos and complaints, comments and suggestions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-15-2003, 08:50 AM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Re: FORDvsCHEVYvsDODGE-I can't take it anymore...

Thank You Jason, I like the Forum Rules post that heads each forum now.

Thank you very much, I hope people will follow your rules.
Don

2001 F-250 PSD Crew Cab short bed, 4x4 Lariet, only 97k miles bone stock for now

previous trucks:
2001 F-250 PSD CC SWB 4" lift, 315's, DP Tuner..
late '99 F-350 PSD CC LWB 4" lift, 315's, DP......
early '99 F-250 PSD SC SWB short shifted 6-speed, 5" stacks, 5.5" lift, 4.30 gears, DP Tuner, etc....
1997 F-350 PSD 4x4, 4" lift, 35's, Superchips tuner

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-15-2003, 05:02 PM

Like the rest of you, I've gotten a little tired of the "childish posts" over the last while. For that reason I haven't been around much and temporarily lost interest in even reading the general diesel, other forum and posts where the competition becomes hasty.

I would like to make it clear that I love having this site where Dodge, GM and Ford guys can talk, compare and share common interests in a respectable manner. However, I find that is not only a selected few Dodge or GM owners bashing, but also Ford guys who also believe they have the best of the best. Sure this site was started as a Ford Diesel site and still is, but it's you humble opinion that the PSD is dominant.

Sure I own a PSD right now and it was the best decision for me at the time I purchased it. That doesn't mean that it's the best truck out there. IMHO there is alot of feature that the other brands have that are better than what I have right now. However it will likely be gone in the next year and I will likely switch brands. If I do switch I plan on still staying active on this site, since I believe it is the best site on the net. I hope that the majority of the members will respect my decision as well as others to switch brands.

2002 Kenworth C500, Butterfly Hood, CAT C15, EATON Super 18, 42" Sleeper, Planetary axles, Braden HP50 Hydraulic Winch, Dual 6" Straight Pipes, Lots of Chrome
2004 Dodge Quadcab Laramie 3500 SRW 4x4, HO Cummins, 6 Speed, 285 BF Goodrich AT, Diamond Plated 85 gallon tank/toolbox combo, Espar Heater
2002 Pontiac Firebird WS6, LS1, 6-speed Hurst, CAGS disabled, 3.42 gears, Silver with 35th Anniversary metallic blue stripes on hood and fenders
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-15-2003, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the moderators should do something here. I know they have the right to come here and say what they want, I am just sick of hearing it.

[/ QUOTE ]
No need for the moderators to do anything about it. You, I and others can do something about it ourselves, and that is not read or at least not respond.

<font color="DEB887">
2001 PSD, APX1, AFE, SCMT, dual exhaust
</font>

<font color="CD853F"> Wit is educated insolence </font>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-15-2003, 08:02 PM

My Photos: (1)

No need for the moderators to do anything about it. You, I and others can do something about it ourselves, and that is not read or at least not respond.

yup good idea!
if ya can't say sumthing positive it ain't worth sayin!

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif[/img]

86 F250,SC,4x4 Patched and patched and patched!335000 km and still patchin!

Fred
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-15-2003, 10:10 PM

I could not have said it better Fred.
I am here because I make friends and share knowledge. I learn how to repair problems I encounter with my truck as well. I also have learned where their are sources for upgrades and sources for parts and goodies. I don't read bashing sites or posts.
Like my wife said " I spend to much time here". I enjoy the site.
Thanks Jason. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

95 F250,XLT, 4WD, Auto Trans,bbshimmed,synthetic trans oil,4:10 gears ,Truck Trunk ,Nerf Bars ,crome Mud flaps, Aux. trans cooler, front diff. drain plug. External trans.filter, trimmed snorkel. American wheels water temp guage, front fuel tank mod,Warn Manual hubs,Putman class 4 hitch 212k mi.
Currently also have 2012 Dodge 4X4 with a Cummins engine.

It is said if you sit by the river and watch the water flow by long enough, your enemies will pass by. This I believe to be true. It is also possible to watch your loved ones pass by as well.
Wife Candi 08/14/07 missing her always
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-16-2003, 09:01 PM

My Photos: (3)

If they annoy you so much, the obvious answer is to *not read the posts*.

This crap has gone on forever, from "my dad can beat up your dad" to my dodge/chevy/ford can beat your dodge/chevy/ford." So what does it all mean ... nothing. It's childish chatter by guys who haven't yet grown up.

I currently drive a Chevy diesel, but I'll be buying a Ford 6.0 next model year. Why? I don't like the looks of the new Chevy/GMC's and the Dmax is just too damned expensive anyway; the Dodge "crew cab" isn't a real crew cab (my 6-2 son doesn't fit!); and I'm not blind to different makes. I've had Fords and GM's. The Fords look like a truck - the other don't. Period, end of story for me.

Why guys let this piddling little nonsense twist their shorts is beyond my comprehension.

Bruce
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-16-2003, 09:08 PM

The new Dodge isn't marketed as a crewcab. It's marketed as an extended cab with front hinged doors for easier access than suicide doors.

2002 Kenworth C500, Butterfly Hood, CAT C15, EATON Super 18, 42" Sleeper, Planetary axles, Braden HP50 Hydraulic Winch, Dual 6" Straight Pipes, Lots of Chrome
2004 Dodge Quadcab Laramie 3500 SRW 4x4, HO Cummins, 6 Speed, 285 BF Goodrich AT, Diamond Plated 85 gallon tank/toolbox combo, Espar Heater
2002 Pontiac Firebird WS6, LS1, 6-speed Hurst, CAGS disabled, 3.42 gears, Silver with 35th Anniversary metallic blue stripes on hood and fenders
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-16-2003, 09:14 PM

I certainly agree with these Jason and others... silly stuff attacking other's trucks.

I am reminded of the old dog food commercial: "my dog's better then your dog, my dog's better then yours..."

I have never understood how a guy feels better about their truck or themselves by bashing something belonging to someone else. I am amazed that some of the posts in the 6.0 forum seem to be foster attacks on each other... my 7.3, your junk 6.0 or vice versa! Now its PSD owners flaming each others trucks - how dumb do we get? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif[/img] I hope those 6.0's are all great trucks, I'll probably have one some day.

More so.... I hope anybody who spends a lot of money for any vehicle gets a good vehicle that gives them good service.

I like my PSD and like to read subjects that are informative and interesting. A bit of humor or clever (but tasteful) one liners make me grin.

I've seen a couple of war rooms on other sites - impresses me as childish drivel. But if guys like that - let them go there and flame each other. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bleh.gif[/img]

Thanks Jason - you and your "mob" work to keep this site civil and informative. I really appreciate it! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

'03 F250 (7.3) 4X4 Auto CC, Long Bed XLT. AIC, Camper Shell and Sirrus Radio - Most of the options. Purchased via the courtesy of the DSB
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-17-2003, 12:09 PM

Yeah, I know, I own a GMC.. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] But I've been reading this board for quite a while - brother &amp; dad both have Powerstrokes.

Unfortunately, the children who call other trucks "Duracraps", "Powerjokes", etc... won't get anywhere near this thread - they're too busy out bashing.

It definately is NOT just the Dodge &amp; GM guys who start the brand wars &amp; can't seem to type in "Powerstroke". A lot of the posts are by Ford fellas with a whole lotta posts. Of course about half are by juvinile Dodge &amp; GM guys.

2003 GMC 2500HD D/A 4x4 SLT CC LB (Green)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > General Discussion > News, Comments, Site Help and Suggestions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in