Getting A Lot of White Screens - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
News, Comments, Site Help and Suggestions Discussion of TheDieselStop.Com itself. What do you like or don't like, kudos and complaints, comments and suggestions.

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (12)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Getting A Lot of White Screens

Ever since the site went to the new security certificate and https I and others have been getting a white screen when either logging in or clicking on a post. Sometimes you can just hit reload and the proper screen will come up and other times you need to load the web page again.

Just one of the bugs I guess that needs to be worked out. Here is the screen that I am getting.

I just got it trying to upload the screen shot then again and again, and again.

Looks like I can't upload a attachment. You hit upload and it goes to a white screen.

Also the search function is not working.

96 F250 PS XLT 4X4 long box, 5sp,4.10, manual hubs,pyro+boost guages, Dark Toumaline, add a leaf, Dale's TYMAR, and HX hose, downpipe, coolant filter, Luk clutch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 01:09 PM

My Photos: (27)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'm having the same problem. And if I switch and use Google Chrome I get a window saying something like " Website unavailable" .

Heavy truck and diesel mechanic (thankfully retired after 30+ yrs)
'91 F-250 SC 4X4, 5spd. ATS Turbo, 3:55 diff.
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 04:21 PM Thread Starter

Getting A Lot of White Screens-tds-white-screen.jpg I was able to upload it this time.

My computer is running Windows 10 and I have used Firefox Quantum 61.0 and Microsoft Edge and get the same results.

Well it uploaded but didn't attach the file but it did attach some file from somewhere.

HELP

96 F250 PS XLT 4X4 long box, 5sp,4.10, manual hubs,pyro+boost guages, Dark Toumaline, add a leaf, Dale's TYMAR, and HX hose, downpipe, coolant filter, Luk clutch

Last edited by bugman; 06-30-2018 at 04:24 PM.

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 10:27 PM

My Photos: (180)
The Tech team is aware of the problems and I was told they're working on them. I reported the same issues as well.

But keep reporting anything new that's messed up.

Hopefully they'll get it fixed up soon. It has been frustrating, for sure.

Thanks

First truck -- 1929 Model A Ford pickup, restored from ground up. Wish I still had it!
'99.5 F250 PSD Supercab LB 4x4, ZF-6 w/SB Con OFE, 3.73LS, Boost & pyro gauges, Swamps S175/146 injectors, DP 80 HP Econo PCM (classic version
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
), AIS,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
regulated return,

post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-06-2018, 04:55 PM

My Photos: (7)
Hey there folks. So, we are aware that there are a number of issues happening on the site and our technical team is looking into getting things back up and running. Just to clarify, the glitches are happening because we have been migrating all of our sites over to a new server (Google Cloud) in order to help improve outages and site speed, as well as added security. While doing this change, we are also converting the sites to HTTPS which you can read more about here: https://techterms.com/definition/https

You may have noticed that these site updates may be causing some issues. We are working with Google and VBulletin to help us find long term solutions to these issues instead of bandage fixes and patches that seem to break more than they repair.

We understand that this is impacting your experience on the site, and we hope you understand that we are working on addressing all issues. We apologize for any inconvenience, and hope to have the forums back up and running properly asap.

If you are having issues, please try to only report if you are certain that they have not already been logged. This will ensure the support team is focused on identifying new issues and helping test the fixes as they are rolled out.

Many thanks,

Erik

post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-06-2018, 07:24 PM

Reported about clicking on thumbnails coming up with "Internal Server Error". That was with Firefox.

I just tried Microsoft Edge, and the thumbnail didn't even show up, just the "Attached Thumbnails" line in the post I was trying to see the picture in. So that's a new issue (at least to me).

First truck -- 1929 Model A Ford pickup, restored from ground up. Wish I still had it!
'99.5 F250 PSD Supercab LB 4x4, ZF-6 w/SB Con OFE, 3.73LS, Boost & pyro gauges, Swamps S175/146 injectors, DP 80 HP Econo PCM (classic version
), AIS,
regulated return,

post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-06-2018, 07:57 PM

My Photos: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by klhansen View Post
Reported about clicking on thumbnails coming up with "Internal Server Error". That was with Firefox.
(at least to me).
I keep getting this same message. I'm on windows 7 , google chrome

2001 F-350 Lariat 4x4
CC, SRW, LB, AT
New radiator
6.0 OEM 26 row trans cooler
AIS intake
Edge Insight
Hydra with stock PHP tunes

2004 Sandpiper by Forest River - 11,000 lbs fully loaded
Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel Hitch

post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 11:02 AM

Sorry about the delay getting back to you on this. Are you still seeing blank screens?

Danniella

post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 11:38 AM Thread Starter

I got some this morning

post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 03:25 PM

I'm still getting INTERNAL SERVER ERROR when I try to open a thumbnail pic.

AND

HTTP ERROR 502

2001 F-350 Lariat 4x4
CC, SRW, LB, AT
New radiator
AIS intake
Edge Insight

Last edited by oilcan1001; 07-12-2018 at 03:27 PM.
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 03:46 PM

As of yesterday, I was getting lots of white screens. Today, so far, so good.

on edit: Spoke too soon. Still getting white screens on occasion. Win 10 and Firefox browser.

), AIS,
regulated return,

Last edited by klhansen; 07-12-2018 at 03:54 PM.
post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 02:38 PM

Hey there,

Is this sporadic?
Are you doing a specific function that's giving you these errors?
If not, those are intermittent server drops that the techs are trying to solve.

Ed

post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 10:01 PM Thread Starter

I have been trying to get onto the site for the last 3 hours and was getting nothing but white screens.

When I clicked on my favorites and clicked the link it would almost try to load and then go to the white screen. This was with Firefox 61.0.1. I then would try MS Edge, here it wouldn't even try to load.

Another time I got the white screen I was on the site and when opened a forum and clicked on a thread it would almost automatically go to the white screen.

Hell of a way to run a forum

post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilcan1001 View Post
I'm still getting INTERNAL SERVER ERROR when I try to open a thumbnail pic.

AND

HTTP ERROR 502

Still happening for me.
It's sporadic

2001 F-350 Lariat 4x4
CC, SRW, LB, AT
New radiator
AIS intake
Edge Insight

post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-14-2018, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugman View Post
I have been trying to get onto the site for the last 3 hours and was getting nothing but white screens.
Happened to me earlier today as well. Address at the top was https//www.thedieselstop.com/. Tried refreshing the page numerous times and gave up after about 10 minutes of trying.
Same as bugman - Win 10 and firefox 61.0.1.
Just now, took two refreshes to get to the home page and one refresh to get to the reply screen.
Actually took maybe 20 tries to actually post the reply.

[on edit] it was so many retries, I lost count.

), AIS,
regulated return,

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > General Discussion > News, Comments, Site Help and Suggestions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in