Hey Jason just a site question again! - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
News, Comments, Site Help and Suggestions Discussion of TheDieselStop.Com itself. What do you like or don't like, kudos and complaints, comments and suggestions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-03-2004, 11:26 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (10)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hey Jason just a site question again!

Hey Just a thought. It was said in a thread here just recently about another site having a forum where people can ask the vendors about products and only allow the topic to be about that product and vendor. I think this would be a great idea! One thing I do like about this site is everyone can speak what they think about a particular item. But it would be nice to have an area that we could all ask questions that are very vendor/sponsor specific and not have to hear about "other" products as you may. Just a thought thanks for your time!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-04-2004, 12:26 AM

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Re: Hey Jason just a site question again!

As a vendor, I would probably like this!

I might add that a "Vendor" type forum might also be used to allow us to start postings about "New Product Announcements" or to do some "Market Research". The members that don't give a crap what we're up to or don't want to hear it can skip this particular forum and these types of messges wouldn't be messing with the "Regularly Scheduled Upgrades and Aftermarket" forums.

Just a thought...

Dennis Schroeder - Co-Owner of Strictly Diesel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

/

Race Truck :: 6050# / 11.31 @ 120mph / Best 60' of 1.56 ... with "Built" Race Engine (Fuel Only!)
Race Truck :: 5980# / 10.965 @ 124mph / Best 60' of 1.54 ... with "Built" Race Engine (Nitrous)
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-04-2004, 09:35 AM Thread Starter

EXACTLY! That is the point I am trying to make kind of like a vendor/sponsor safe zone as you will. You pay good money to be on this site as one so you can sell your products, this way you won't get flamed for doing so!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-04-2004, 10:01 AM

BTW...I wouldn't care if we still couldn't discuss pricing, group purchases, etc. I would just like to be able to answer the question "What will ITPs widget do for me" without having someone else (vendor or otherwise) hijack the thread to discuss someone elses widget.

I don't think this would be a hard forum to moderate. If a thread were to get out of line, whatever vendor started or was the topic of the thread would surely notify the moderator quickly...problem solved.

/

/

Race Truck :: 6050# / 11.31 @ 120mph / Best 60' of 1.56 ... with "Built" Race Engine (Fuel Only!)
Race Truck :: 5980# / 10.965 @ 124mph / Best 60' of 1.54 ... with "Built" Race Engine (Nitrous)
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-04-2004, 02:08 PM

My Photos: (16)

[ QUOTE ]
As a vendor, I would probably like this!

[/ QUOTE ]

I suggest that you would not and here is why. First the internet is completely anonymous. Folks would use the forum to berate, complain and otherwise cause the vendors a bunch of heartache. Some would make up questions and complaints just to cause vendors who they did not like their products grief. Of course most would use if legitimately but the few who would not would ruin it.........Hig
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-04-2004, 02:20 PM

That's what moderators are for. Most of the vendors know who the people are that like to "harrass" us. If we see a thread that will not go in a productive direction no matter what we say, we can choose to ignore it or ask the modertors to eliminate it.

/

/

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-04-2004, 02:48 PM

My Photos: (16)

Ok, but there will be folks with legitimate complaint/problems with any vendors products. They would come to this forum and complain and want results.....Do you really want that kind of laundry aired in a public forum. I would rather have my customer service department handle it. Again the intention is good, I just think it would be more trouble than it is worth..But I am no vendor, nor site owner or manager so who cares what I think, just sharing an opinion.......Hig
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-04-2004, 03:03 PM

I guess it would depend on the rules of that specific forum. Personally, I think people vent in the forums for 2 reasons:

1. They can't get their problem taken care of for whatever reason.
2. They have a different agenda (putting down a particular vendor).

Anyone that REALLY wants their issue resolved by their vendor will contact that vendor FIRST before blasting them in a public forum.

If a new forum were to be created for the vendors to discuss their products and members to be able to ask specific questions to those vendors, I think that Jason would really be firm on rules of what can and can't be discussed to prevent the type of attacks you are talking about.

Unfortunately, my gut tells me that this is not a forum that Jason will create anyway...

/

/

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-04-2004, 04:07 PM

Cristie and I have went back and forth for at least a year about this issue. Some of the vendors may remember us discussing it with them around this time last year. We've decided not to do it right now for the reasons Higgins brought up. We feel the cons outweigh the pros for now anyway.

Jason
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-04-2004, 04:46 PM

And that't OK...

For those that want to discuss our products, we have been running a "Customer Forums" board for quite some time. It's not very busy, but it give me the latitude I need to discuss pricing, new products, whatever.

Keep up the good work Jason!

/

/

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-05-2004, 06:17 PM Thread Starter

And my original intention was not to discuss problems but to maybe allow us to ask vendor sacific questions, I.E David lott what is this thing on your widget and such. This way there is no latitude for problems and other people discussing others problems and why someone else is better. All problems should be takin up with the vender via other means. Just a thought.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > General Discussion > News, Comments, Site Help and Suggestions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in