No emails about favorites - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
News, Comments, Site Help and Suggestions Discussion of TheDieselStop.Com itself. What do you like or don't like, kudos and complaints, comments and suggestions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-12-2003, 01:49 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
No emails about favorites

I have a few threads toggled as a favorite, but no emails are coming to me when someone repllies.

I've checked my settings and my email address and all of that is correct.

Any suggestions?

2001 Black Excursion, 4x4, XLT, PSD, LS, (EBM2), Super-Duty grill, 4" MBRP exhaust, Bilsteins, X-springs, OilGuard bypass filter, 295's, Badges, Suvlights harness, APC headlights, Weatherboots, Centramatics, Clear corners, AIC w/ITP mount, ISSPRO EVs, BTS trans, Open element intake, ATS compressor housing, Thule rack, BD Torqloc, F350 rear blocks, Randy Ellis lightbar with a couple of Lightforce 170s, Front receiver hitch, DP Tuner chip
1975 Ford Bronco, neglected since I bought the Excursion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-12-2003, 08:59 PM

My Photos: (203)
Re: No emails about favorites

If I had to guess, I would say that you broke it. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

Other than that, I really do not know. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Cheers from Tulsa, OK! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Dave

1996 F-350 XLT CC SRW 4x4
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-E4OD●4L10●Tyrant Diesel chip●Hypermax H2E, intercooler, exhaust●TE-T500●7.3L Regulated Return Fuel System●215 amp generator●International water pump●Hydro-Boost●APCM
250,000 happy miles
DZLJIM 3:16
~~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Hold my beer and watch this.~~
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-12-2003, 09:04 PM

My Photos: (4)

Yeap, ya broke it Charlie! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif[/img]

Kevin "BigK" Neal

972-768-7252

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-12-2003, 09:09 PM

I noticed that too and found a new option in My Home. Click on it, look at the very bottom for the line about managing subscriptions, favorites, etc. You need to set the E-mail Favorites option to Yes before it will e-mail them to you. It must default to off.

Jason
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-12-2003, 09:13 PM

My Photos: (203)

Oh come on Jason, just tell him he broke it. It will make Kevin and I feel better. Why do you have to always be the voice of reason?!? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Cheers from Tulsa, OK! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Dave

1996 F-350 XLT CC SRW 4x4
-E4OD●4L10●Tyrant Diesel chip●Hypermax H2E, intercooler, exhaust●TE-T500●7.3L Regulated Return Fuel System●215 amp generator●International water pump●Hydro-Boost●APCM
250,000 happy miles
DZLJIM 3:16
~~
- Hold my beer and watch this.~~
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-13-2003, 04:31 PM Thread Starter

Under "Email Notifications / Subscriptions" there is a line that says:
Do you want all replies to your favorite threads emailed to you?
No Yes

I have already checked "yes" and still no emails. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif[/img]

2001 Black Excursion, 4x4, XLT, PSD, LS, (EBM2), Super-Duty grill, 4" MBRP exhaust, Bilsteins, X-springs, OilGuard bypass filter, 295's, Badges, Suvlights harness, APC headlights, Weatherboots, Centramatics, Clear corners, AIC w/ITP mount, ISSPRO EVs, BTS trans, Open element intake, ATS compressor housing, Thule rack, BD Torqloc, F350 rear blocks, Randy Ellis lightbar with a couple of Lightforce 170s, Front receiver hitch, DP Tuner chip
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-14-2003, 12:59 AM

My Photos: (3)
Garage

I too had the same thing occur last week as Kevin did as well,then all of a sudden Jason's server released hmm about 30 email replies at once [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

Now I get 30 emails an hour due to the new wonderful software [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bleh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Perhaps having several email destinations that way one doesn't get overloaded if I don't check em once an hour [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

2002 Ford Excursion 7.3L 4x4 XLT

, 6.0L cooler,
Magnaflow 4"- FRX CVD Valving - FRX Crossover - HPX
Bilstein 5100's - AFE Stage 2 - Adrenaline HPOP
LandYot's
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-19-2003, 02:35 PM Thread Starter

The program still hasn't emailed me anything yet. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif[/img]

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-20-2003, 04:23 PM Thread Starter

Hmm, that's odd. It still works fine. Could you try [email protected] instead?

I went ahead and changed it in my settings.

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-20-2003, 04:28 PM

Are you getting e-mails to the blackstocklaw address? I just tried to manually talk to the mail server for that domain and it just disconnects with no message.

Jason
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-20-2003, 04:36 PM Thread Starter

I'm getting emails just fine from it. It is being hosted on a server out in California which then reroutes it to [email protected]

Your reply above was emailed to me though at the swbell.net address.

Oh well, the problem, although technically not solved, is gone for now. Thanks for your help.

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-20-2003, 05:05 PM

I just tried sending from my work address and it isn't able to lookup that domain either. You might want to get someone outside your company to try sending an e-mail. Something is not right with the blackstocklaw.com domain. The DNS servers at work can't even look up the domain to even try to deliver the message.

Jason
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-20-2003, 06:08 PM

My Photos: (18)

Jason and AJdad,

I was reading the post and I sent a test message to the blackstocklaw address and it did not come back to me as undeliverable, did you get it AJ's Dad??. Interestinly enough I 1st tried from my Mozila browser and it would not work!! I sent the last one form the IE browser.

garyt
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-20-2003, 06:10 PM Thread Starter

Not yet, but I've been getting emails all day. Nothing seems out of the ordinary.

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-20-2003, 09:15 PM

My Photos: (17)

I get emails just fine

[color:"green"]Lariat 4x4 White CC, LWB, SRW, auto, 3.73, TT mirrors, Pro-Comp Steering Stabilizer, Hellwig rear bar, WD Gauges, DPPI 4" Exhaust, 4 pos. flip chip, aFe Intake, Baldwin Oil Filter/Transmission by-pass systems, Baldwin Coolant Filter, Mag-Hytec rear cover, sonnax and tricumulator springs, Extra Tranny Cooler and Fan, Front Receiver Hitch, AC Mod, 203deg F thermostat, Bilstein shocks, 305/70/16 Dunlops 208K miles.[/color]

[/color]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > General Discussion > News, Comments, Site Help and Suggestions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

« chat | Question »