PASSWORD RESET - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
News, Comments, Site Help and Suggestions Discussion of TheDieselStop.Com itself. What do you like or don't like, kudos and complaints, comments and suggestions.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By clev

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-25-2018, 11:06 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (16)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
PASSWORD RESET

I am at the end of my rope; can someone please help me with this? I have my password written down because of the #@$%^!!!! requirements placed on it, but the system won't take it. I have found NOTHING about how to reset it. I used the contact form, but then the SYSTEM takes me to another help page with a notice that the message was not sent. What have they done to this forum? I need to reset my password so that I can change my email address. Anyone....Assistance, Please.

2012 F-350 SD Crew Cab, SRW, LWB, 4 X 4, FX4 Offroad, Bilsteins and Bilstein Steering Stableizer, AirLift Air Bags with onboard compressor, BedLocker electric bed cover, Hellwig 1 1/4 inch rear anti-sway bar, 2017 G37 Turbo, ATS Stage I towing transmission kit, White Platinum w/Adobe, Navigation, Moon Roof, 5th Wheel Prep, Step Tail Gate, front 2 inch receiver, completely insulated, Pioneer speakers, King Ranch Package

'99 E-350 HiTop Companion Van Conversion, 7.3 SD Diesel, 5-tune DP Tuner, Triple AutoMeter C2 A-pillar gauge pod, dash mount AutoMeter C2 fuel pressure gauge, twin K&N's, 203* mod, Deraler tubed trannie pan, B&M trannie cooler, AirLift air bags, Bilsteins, 4" DiamondEye turbo back exhaust, Air Dog fuel filtration system, Hutch mod, header wrapped and high temperature painted Bellowed Up-Pipes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-25-2018, 11:47 PM

My Photos: (180)
I don't believe you need to reset your password to change your e-mail address. Are you going to the User CP (link at upper right then e-mail and password on the left side)? Since you're logged in (the only way can post) you shouldn't have to enter a new password (twice). I think that's only if you NEED to change your password. See if it will let you change your e-mail address without entering a new password. If not, PM me and I'll have Administrator get on it. They can reset your password and e-mail it to you (so your e-mail address needs to be accessible).

First truck -- 1929 Model A Ford pickup, restored from ground up. Wish I still had it!
'99.5 F250 PSD Supercab LB 4x4, ZF-6 w/SB Con OFE, 3.73LS, Boost & pyro gauges, Swamps S175/146 injectors, DP 80 HP Econo PCM (classic version
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
), AIS,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
regulated return,

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-26-2018, 12:22 AM Thread Starter

Good evening, kl. No, you have enter the current password. At first, I attempted to just change the email, but could not without entering it. I tried every variation of the the password that I have written down, but no luck. I'll PM you with specifics.

2012 F-350 SD Crew Cab, SRW, LWB, 4 X 4, FX4 Offroad, Bilsteins and Bilstein Steering Stableizer, AirLift Air Bags with onboard compressor, BedLocker electric bed cover, Hellwig 1 1/4 inch rear anti-sway bar, 2017 G37 Turbo, ATS Stage I towing transmission kit, White Platinum w/Adobe, Navigation, Moon Roof, 5th Wheel Prep, Step Tail Gate, front 2 inch receiver, completely insulated, Pioneer speakers, King Ranch Package

'99 E-350 HiTop Companion Van Conversion, 7.3 SD Diesel, 5-tune DP Tuner, Triple AutoMeter C2 A-pillar gauge pod, dash mount AutoMeter C2 fuel pressure gauge, twin K&N's, 203* mod, Deraler tubed trannie pan, B&M trannie cooler, AirLift air bags, Bilsteins, 4" DiamondEye turbo back exhaust, Air Dog fuel filtration system, Hutch mod, header wrapped and high temperature painted Bellowed Up-Pipes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-26-2018, 10:02 AM

My Photos: (1)
Garage
Somewhat related...I don't even try to memorize auto generated passwords, just save the email that sent it and cut and paste it in.

2000 F250 XLT 4x4 SC 7.3 w/rebuilt 4R100, 3 autometer gages, Super Zoodad, PHP Hydra chip, 4" DP/Exhaust w/dual 3.5" outlets, 275/70/18 Kumho AT51s on 8.5" rims, 08 AlumDiffCvr, Bilsteins, 31 row trans cooler, WW, BPV delete, AIH delete, hutch, harpoon and billet FPR (70psi), rear air bags, Jimmijammers.
Jayco 26BHS elite, no RV parks...just the woods, lakes and streams if possible.
See my album for a recent pic.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-26-2018, 02:32 PM Thread Starter

I was automatically logged in last night, but now the page wants me to log in. Good grief!! And 69, I can't cut and paste if the admin won't send me an email. At this time, if they send me a PM, I can't retrieve it. I am 70 years old, built and programmed my lasts 3 computers, and have never seen anything as screwed up as this system. Why is there not a 'Reset Password' button, or 'Forgot Password' button?
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-26-2018, 02:33 PM Thread Starter

I can't believe it! I thought that I would give it one more try for the 15th time and this time, it accepted the password. What a screwed up system.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-26-2018, 02:48 PM Thread Starter

So, now that I know the password is correct, I attempted to change my email address again; still a no go, and I tried 3 times. When I click submit, nothing happens; no popups, no messages, the 'submit' button does not change colors, and hitting 'enter' does nothing. So, I stared at the screen and the only thing remaining was the new password 'option'. So, why not? I entered a new password...... and all is good with the universe. But, if I am logged in, why require me to enter the password. After I enter the password, why force me to change it. AND, even if that's what they want, we are not mind readers. Why not put some instructions on the page?

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-26-2018, 03:19 PM

My Photos: (7)
When changing your email, put your current password into ALL 3 boxes.

If you cannot login, when the login fails, it gives you a link to reset your password.

If the email on the account is incorrect and you can log in, PM us directly.

- JB

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-26-2018, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

Seriously, not to argue nor dispute your word, but none of what you stated occurred with me. Nothing indicated that I should put my 'current' password in the 'optional' new password boxes. If that is what is required, a note should be posted on that page. When my password was not accepted on that page, there was no indication of anything, and no link was provided. The cursor was flashing at the end of the password, and hitting enter, or selecting submit made no difference; the cursor continued to flash and no instructions were provided. I have never experienced a more frustrating or exasperating ordeal as I did with that page. Someone should take a serious look and do an upgrade.

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-27-2018, 09:38 AM

My Photos: (7)
Sorry for the inconvenience with it. Just to confirm, you're set up correctly now?

Niall

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-27-2018, 09:47 AM Thread Starter

Yes, everything is reset. Thank you for your contact.
Administrator likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > General Discussion > News, Comments, Site Help and Suggestions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in